Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chiefs sign ron mcclain

Default chiefs sign ron mcclain

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I like the stack up of our defense, but I think the only place on offense where there's uncertainty is the line. And THAT is only because we have some youthful guys that we just haven't seen much there. I mean, come on:

Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, LeRon McClain, Dexter McCluster

Matt Cassell

Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Tony Moeaki, Jon Baldwin

We have so many weapons, our offense is like a battleship! We just have to hope the hull is also strong.

JB
    100% agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I like the stack up of our defense, but I think the only place on offense where there's uncertainty is the line. And THAT is only because we have some youthful guys that we just haven't seen much there. I mean, come on:

Jamaal Charles, Thomas Jones, LeRon McClain, Dexter McCluster

Matt Cassell

Dwayne Bowe, Steve Breaston, Tony Moeaki, Jon Baldwin

We have so many weapons, our offense is like a battleship! We just have to hope the hull is also strong.

JB
    I don't think much of McCluster. McCluster and Tyson Jackson were bad picks. Jackson made some pretty good money doing nothing for two years if he doesn't do anything this year I say cut him. I also worry about if Cassel gets hurt. I think we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    I don't think much of McCluster. McCluster and Tyson Jackson were bad picks. Jackson made some pretty good money doing nothing for two years if he doesn't do anything this year I say cut him. I also worry about if Cassel gets hurt. I think we are in trouble.
    A lot of people said the same thing about Dorsey when he got here.

As far as starting QB getting hurt being trouble...I think you could say that about most teams in the NFL.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

As far as starting QB getting hurt being trouble...I think you could say that about most teams in the NFL.
    Definitely.

But what worries me is how dependant we are upon Jamaal Charles.

While I think he is an amazing player, I hope we can keep him goin and still manage to break our dependancy on him.

Most teams have an experienced backup QB. There is a BIG dropoff on our team after Cassel.

[quote=Canada;232269]A lot of people said the same thing about Dorsey when he got here.

I guess it just shows we like to give good money to players to take it easy for a couple of years and hope they turn into something, doesn't it? Hence draft picks vs free agents that have shown they can play in the NFL. LOL

[quote=chiefsrule;232278]

I guess it just shows we like to give good money to players to take it easy for a couple of years and hope they turn into something, doesn't it? Hence draft picks vs free agents that have shown they can play in the NFL. LOL
    I dont know that Dorsey was taking it easy so much as he was learning to play D line in the NFL.
    Believe it or not, some of the people who draft players for the NFL are very good as stuff like talent evaluation and player development. That is why teams like the Patriots and Steelers win multiple SuperBowls.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Most teams have an experienced backup QB. There is a BIG dropoff on our team after Cassel.
    Oh. so the the Colts would be fine without Manning, how about the Pats without Brady, Eagles without Vick? I could go on if you like.

What a great pick-up! This is the best news I heard all day!

I Think a lot of our fans are to quick to judge our 1st round picks. Let's Give Jackson another year or so before we just "cut" him, same with McCluster, and Berry for that Matter.

Let's look at this:

DJ- His first 5 seasons were considered "dissapointments", multiple years with upset fans and last year he became a complete LB, with his best season to date (121 tckls, 1 sck, 4FF, 1int.)

Hali- Being overshadowed by Jared Allen early in his career, he was yet another Chiefs 1st round pick that was highly scrutinized for his first 4 years. Each season people were upset with his mediocre pass rushing abilities. Year 5.... A monster, leading the AFC in Sacks.

Bowe- Had a promising rookie season followed by two seasons filled with drops and character concerns that had fans calling for his head. Last year,Career best in receiving yards and lead the NFL in touchdown receptions.

Dorsey & Albert
    - Another set of 1st rounders who have rarely had much said about them except that they didn't live up to expectations. Last year Both had the best seasons of their young Careers. I think Dorsey showed many flashes last year, and is set to break out this season (Now that Houston is lining up behind him we now are able to provide pressure from both sides)

Berry- By far has had the most promising rookie season of any of our recent draft picks, but is still catching heat because "safeties aren't supposed to be taken in the top 5 of the draft" boo freakin hoo.

My point is that we need to allow time for these young players to develop. Tyson Jackson showed flashes last year (although he was hurt a portion of the season, we can't get upset about something he coudln't help) This will be his 3rd season, I saw some pic's and video of him in camp, and he looks like he has slimmed up and is now more solid rather than chunky, it sounds like he has been training extensively during the lockout, and sounds like he is ready to step it up.

It takes time, Look at Charles, he didn't break out until midway through his 3rd season (he actually wasn't even on the gameday roster a couple times in Haley's first season) the only reason people didn't get pissed at him was because he was a 3rd round pick. I think if we can be patient with some of these players we will find that in about a year or two, we will be set to compete for a championship, and as a matter of fact, we are much better positioned now than we were two years ago, so we should be thankful for that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123