Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R.i.p

Default R.i.p

Al Davis Passed away today.

Oakland Raiders
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Condolences to Raider Nation.So long Al. It will not be the same without you

Sad day for football

JUST WIN BABY (hurt typing that)

RIP

All b.s. aside Al was very influential to the entire NFL. Thanks for helping shape the best rivalry not only in the AFC West but as far as I'm concerned the NFL.

He was a pioneer of the AFL and a revolutionary on the business side of the NFL. I met him once at the Flamingo Hotel in Santa Rosa, Ca along with Stabler, Casper and Tatum. He was very loud and friendly as could be. My dad loved the Raiders and hated that I grew up to be a KC fan, but never trusted him after he moved the team to LA-even when they moved back to Oakland.

just got the email from fox news.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Love or hate him. The NFL will NEVER be the same. In a cookie cutter league, copy cat leauge. I truly hope the Raiders don't become a " blah corporate team". I hope Mark Davis can take this team forward. His presence will be missed.

I know the team will dedicate the rest of the season to Mr. Davis and Just win baby!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

im gonna miss not seeing him up there biting his finger nails to the nubs
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

How sad.

Resident Celebrity

Its a sad day in the football world. I didn't know how much I liked him till I heard this news. Like the Raiders or not, He helped make the NFL what is today, the Greatest sport in the world!

He will be missed by all. My condolances go out to his family and fans. The NFL will never be the same.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast