Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Houston Holding out?

Default Justin Houston Holding out?

So Justin Houston has not been in camp yet because he is holding out. Whats his deal? He is a 3rd rounder, he doesnt have much room to negotiate, esp under the new rookie wage scale. Yeah, some people had him as a late 1st round prospect, but the fact of the matter is that you were drafted in the 3rd round. You get 3rd round money until you prove yourself.

Sign your contract and get into camp now so that you can actually learn the system and then prove why you should get more money.

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    So Justin Houston has not been in camp yet because he is holding out. Whats his deal? He is a 3rd rounder, he doesnt have much room to negotiate, esp under the new rookie wage scale. Yeah, some people had him as a late 1st round prospect, but the fact of the matter is that you were drafted in the 3rd round. You get 3rd round money until you prove yourself.

Sign your contract and get into camp now so that you can actually learn the system and then prove why you should get more money.
    Agree this guy is being ignorant, be glad you have a job Houston!

So does everyone know for a fact that he is holding out. Cause the Chiefs always say they will not comment on players not signed.

Have the Chiefs even offered him a contract. Remember, this is a first round talent who fell to third round because he was smoking pot a day before the combine.

Not trying to start rumors, but maybe he can't quit that habit and has since then failed another test. Maybe the Chiefs feel that giving him a contract is the wrong thing to do for the team.

He's probably trying to "cleanse" before his first drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So does everyone know for a fact that he is holding out. Cause the Chiefs always say they will not comment on players not signed.

Have the Chiefs even offered him a contract. Remember, this is a first round talent who fell to third round because he was smoking pot a day before the combine.

Not trying to start rumors, but maybe he can't quit that habit and has since then failed another test. Maybe the Chiefs feel that giving him a contract is the wrong thing to do for the team.
    This....

I hate to say it but I was most concerned with this pick. Though the value we got is amazing. Moved back in the first to acquire this pick, still get our guy in Baldwin... and great value of Houston in the 3rd....... But

If this kid is so stupid as to smoke right before the combine knowing that he will be tested and how detrimental it would be to fail it... I can only imagine his attitude after falling in the draft that far and then having the season altogether be in limbo.... I bet he partied his *** off.

So the chiefs say hey we are gonna get you goin but we are taking a drug test first... and Houston says "ummmm... I am gonna need a couple weeks"

I really hope he works out but I have a really bad feeling about this guy. Nothing but question marks surrounding him. Huge question about his motor, and he obviously did not take the draft seriously at all.

In his case he is guilty until proven innocent...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    He's probably trying to "cleanse" before his first drug test.
    I have not seen or heard anything from the Chiefs regarding Houston. They only say we will not comment on players not on the field. Everything has been reports from media saying he is holding out. The Chiefs are so secret about this things that it could all be speculation that Houston is holding out.

I mean logically it makes no sense given the slotting structure now unless his agent is just an idiot. It makes more sense that the Chiefs know something we all don't know and they are pulling the reins.. Again this is speculation on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I have not seen or heard anything from the Chiefs regarding Houston. They only say we will not comment on players not on the field. Everything has been reports from media saying he is holding out. The Chiefs are so secret about this things that it could all be speculation that Houston is holding out.

I mean logically it makes no sense given the slotting structure now unless his agent is just an idiot. It makes more sense that the Chiefs know something we all don't know and they are pulling the reins.. Again this is speculation on my part.
    I hear you, but remember that there are only 4 total players that haven't signed. The other 3 are 1st rounders. Something doesn't seem right.

What's keeping Justin Houston from camp? - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

I heard he was holding out because he wants the bottom bunk at training camp!

At $30,000 per day that rookie contract is gonna disappear pretty quickly. I say if he doesn't sign, let him walk. Somebody else can deal with this "headache."

For our sake, I hope it all works out and he gets into camp, and lives up to the hype that was touted about him.

The thing I think about with all of this was that a number of people on this forum were ranting and raving about wanting us to draft him with our 1st round pick.... What do you guys have to say about that now? haha Could you imagine the ego that would came with him being a 1st rounder.

I hope all is speculation, and he gets his reality check fast, and he works into one of the best pass rushers in the league, I hope he remains humble, but if not, I agree, kick his a$$ out of this locker room, because I don't want guys like that on our team.

He has a lot of promise. But coming out of the SEC (more like Felon Eastern Conference), I would expect an attitude. I can see this being an ego issue. Once he has management kiss his tuches a few times, he'll be able to say he saved his reputation and get to camp. This guy was supposed to be the next Willis, so falling to the 3rd was a blow to his pride. I think this is more about saving face than money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast