Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another possible WR option...

Default Another possible WR option...

Just read that Jerricho Cotchery has been released by the Jets. What are your thoughts about looking to pick him up?

For some reason I have always been a fan of Cotchery. He is a well rounded, sure handed reciever, that is a hard worker, with high character.

I would love his leadership on this team, and would love to have him be here for 2-3 years (29 yrs old). Would be a great mentor for all of our young WR's, and would rather bring him in for depth as opposed to the remaining crop of FA WR's. (I know he has never been considered elite, but he has been productive.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Just read that Jerricho Cotchery has been released by the Jets. What are your thoughts about looking to pick him up?

For some reason I have always been a fan of Cotchery. He is a well rounded, sure handed reciever, that is a hard worker, with high character.

I would love his leadership on this team, and would love to have him be here for 2-3 years (29 yrs old). Would be a great mentor for all of our young WR's, and would rather bring him in for depth as opposed to the remaining crop of FA WR's. (I know he has never been considered elite, but he has been productive.)
    I think we are pretty good on WR right now

I know nothing about him so I looked up his stats. 41 catches for 433 (10.6 ypc) last year. He was hurt last year so he might be a pretty big gamble, but I don't think he'll get a big contract.

here is what ESPN says about him:
    Cotchery toughed out the '10 season with a herniated disc in his back that required surgery this winter. Maybe that explains the crummy production: Cotch set or tied lows in every meaningful receiving stat since he became a full-timer. Of course, he was also playing behind both Santonio Holmes and Braylon Edwards. The Jets didn't give Cotchery a chance to reclaim a starting gig this summer, as they released him in favor of Derrick Mason. That leaves Cotch without a job for the moment, though he'll undoubtedly sign on as someone's possession receiver.

All Cotchery does is catch passes...Great hands, decent route runner. You certainly could do a lot worse for a 3rd/4th WR.

I would prefer him over some of the training camp bodies we have been signing.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    All Cotchery does is catch passes...Great hands, decent route runner. You certainly could do a lot worse for a 3rd/4th WR.

i have seen a lot of his games, my wifes a big jets fan. he is not an upgrade over what we have. he has had an occasional good game sandwiched by games where he is non existent and has dropped passes. i also had him on my fantasy team to fill in on bye weeks.

He's gotta be better than the Arena league Wrs we have signed lately.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    He is

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    i have seen a lot of his games, my wifes a big jets fan. he is not an upgrade over what we have. he has had an occasional good game sandwiched by games where he is non existent and has dropped passes. i also had him on my fantasy team to fill in on bye weeks.
    If he is legit enough to warrant a fantasy roster spot he should be good enough to serve as our 4th WR option in my opinion. I drafted McCluster as my sleeper pick last year and he was our #3WR, he got me jack squat.

My point for this post was to propose the idea of bringing him in as a backup/situational player. He would be behind Bowe, Breaston, and Baldwin. and would be an upgrade from our other options. He has been a successful pro, and I figured he could mentor our younger guys for a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    My Point completely! I'm not saying we sign him to come in a be a starter and replace Breaston or Baldwin. I am saying he would be a nice addition to our recieving corps. He is better than our 4th wr options. (To be honest there was a post earlier that said they were pretty happy with our WR's group as a whole now... my thought is... A team that had to sign Kevin Curtis who hadn't played since week 6 the week of a first round playoff game to man the WR2 position needs alot more help at WR than just adding 2 bodies (Breaston and Baldwin) I love those pickups, but what happens if there are injuries?? back to Verran Tucker??, I just think if it will strengthen the group it would be worth it to give him a shot.

I'm not opposed to bringing him in for depth if he comes cheaply. I'd like to see how he looks in training camp/preseason. I wouldn't spend to much on him, though. He did fairly well last year playing with a herniated disc. If he is fully healed and passes a physical he could help the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast