Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ron Edwards out for season.

Default Ron Edwards out for season.

Panthers NT Ron Edwards is likely to miss the 2011 season after tearing his triceps in training camp.

It's a big blow to the Panthers. Edwards, signed to a three-year, $8.25 million contract last week, was supposed to add girth and run-stopping ability to a soft Carolina interior line. The Panthers will likely pursue an alternative, but the free agent market has been stripped thin. If they stay in-house, third-round rookie Sione Fua is the next best nose tackle option.
    Source: Joe Person on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    Where the Archway is.
    Kearney! Been there many a time, not the arch, the city. Have gone to the arch with the family once.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Kearney! Been there many a time, not the arch, the city. Have gone to the arch with the family once.
    I haven't even been to the arch. LOL. It really wasn't all they thought it was going to be and not making any money. They are now going to put a 2nd exit in Kearney which just happens to be right by the arch. They must think it is going to help with the business there. Millions of dollars just keep getting thrown away because of that thing.

I didn't know triceps injury's were less likely in KC than in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunker Hillbilly View Post
    I didn't know triceps injury's were less likely in KC than in NC.
    Ok let me put this way. Lets say you were driving and got in an accident at an intersection. If you were driving somewhere else in a different part of town that accident would not have happened. Yes of course you could always get in an accident somewhere sometime. I didn't mean that Edwards would have been immune to any type of injury if he were in KC. Though we do have a pretty good trainers. :)

Ok let me put this way. Lets say you were driving and got in an accident at an intersection. If you were driving somewhere else in a different part of town that accident would not have happened. Yes of course you could always get in an accident somewhere sometime. I didn't mean that Edwards would have been immune to any type of injury if he were in KC. Though we do have a pretty good trainers. :)
    Apple....meet orange. The fact that he would have been doing the same pushing and shoving in KC as he was in NC has everything to do with it.

Apple....meet orange. The fact that he would have been doing the same pushing and shoving in KC as he was in NC has everything to do with it.
    Ok you win NVM. You are right if he were still here in KC he would have tore his triceps too.

Ok you win NVM. You are right if he were still here in KC he would have tore his triceps too.
    Its a two way street, he may not have gotten injured at all, opposite side of the coin, he could have broken his neck. Its all speculation. I wish the guy well, but I still think we upgraded the NT position.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

They are both apples.

If an event happened at "SPOT A" at "TIME A" then having been at "SPOT B" during "TIME A" produces a different result.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Its a two way street, he may not have gotten injured at all, opposite side of the coin, he could have broken his neck. Its all speculation. I wish the guy well, but I still think we upgraded the NT position.
    Well, that is true. It's definitely speculative. But, considering the number of snaps that Edwards played without such things happening, it's astronomically more likely that changing where Edwards was at that moment brings a far better result.

The car accident scenario is right on.

Maybe, by not being at that particular intersection at that particular time, you wind up having a worse accident at a different location, but the odds are too low to really consider legitimate.

HOWEVER....... If the brakes wore out, causing the accident, then it is probable that something bad was going to happen, regardless of location when it happened. No way of knowing if this was a problem with Ron's body being unprepared, or just something that was pure chance.

As for the NT position? I have to agree with you there.

I think Gregg has a great resume coming from The Ravens, who have been extremely tough against the run for a long time.

And I am still plenty satisfied with the drafting of Powe. Really hoping that he becomes as effective as Gregg was with Baltimore.

In fact, the advantage to bringing in Gregg, instead of Franklin, is that it leaves more room for Powe to work his way into the position, without having to bench, or cut, Franklin, and a high salary.
    Last edited by chief31; 08-06-2011 at 10:16 PM.

I bet Pioli knew he had a sore arm and told Clark the best way to save money is to cut him so Clark can keep the money.

Oh wait wrong thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I bet Pioli knew he had a sore arm and told Clark the best way to save money is to cut him so Clark can keep the money.

Oh wait wrong thread.....
    You could be right!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123