Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Edwards out for season.

Default Ron Edwards out for season.

Panthers NT Ron Edwards is likely to miss the 2011 season after tearing his triceps in training camp.

It's a big blow to the Panthers. Edwards, signed to a three-year, $8.25 million contract last week, was supposed to add girth and run-stopping ability to a soft Carolina interior line. The Panthers will likely pursue an alternative, but the free agent market has been stripped thin. If they stay in-house, third-round rookie Sione Fua is the next best nose tackle option.
    Source: Joe Person on Twitter

Too bad we didnt keep him.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Too bad we didnt keep him.
    Yep then he never would have gotten hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    Yep then he never would have gotten hurt.
    How? He would have to compete for his Job in Our Training Camp also. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    How? He would have to compete for his Job in Our Training Camp also. Just saying.
    I know he would have to still practice but chances are in a different place, different practice he wouldn't have suffered the injury.

Well, while I am sorry for his injury, for him. I do not think it would matter what or where he was at.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Well, while I am sorry for his injury, for him. I do not think it would matter what or where he was at.
    BTW where do you live in Nebraska? I am in Nebraska too.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    BTW where do you live in Nebraska? I am in Nebraska too.
    I live in a Nebraska Town, that has OL on the Husker Team that was a true freshman and played in last seasons games. A QB, from where I live is now on the Huskers team. His older brother played base ball for the Huskers, then his senior year tried out for the husker football team and made it, and made some playes for the team. The Town I live in. Won back to back State Championships in Nebraska High School Football! If you tell me where I live, I will donate One million in Arrowcash to you!

What a shame, but I don't care..he aint a chief now.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Feel bad for Ron Edwards, and I am kind of ashamed by the lack of sympathy by Chiefs fans. He was brought in during the Herm/Peterson regime as a 4-3 DT. In came Haley and the 3-4 D and he got moved to NT. Didn't complain one bit, and got a heck of a lot better every season.

It will go unnoticed by many Chiefs fans but Edwards grinded it out for this team for the last 2 years in a position he was not "ideal" for and he did a hell of a job. I'm sad to hear of this news, but wish him the best and hope he gets back to a healthy career...At age 32, these things are tough to come back from.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast