Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask Scott Pioli one question...what would it be?

Default If you could ask Scott Pioli one question...what would it be?

I've been chosen as one of 75 to attend a special Q&A with Scott Pioli and Mark Donovan on Monday, Aug. 15th while attending training camp for season ticket holders.

I don't really have any questions off hand I can think to ask. So, I'm giving Chiefs Crowd members the opportunity to ask their question through me. This is my thought...post your question you want asked in this discussion thread. On Friday the 12th I will choose a few semi finalist questions I like best, then I'll begin a poll and allow members to vote on which of those semi final questions they like best. The question with the most votes will become the question I ask, assuming I will be allowed to ask a question. :)

What do you all think of my idea? If you agree, then start now with asking your questions in this thread!! hahaha ;)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by KristofLaw View Post
    Ask him for a photo and an autograph if you get the chance.
    Oh, I'm not typically comfortable asking for autographs outside of a scheduled autograph signing event. I don't mind obtaining autographs such as at Draft Day, when the players are at a table specifically to autograph items for fans. Silly me was standing by Jamaal Charles...I said, 'hi, nice to meet you'...that was it, I didn't think to ask him for an auto, nor pic, I was intrigued & distracted by his dreadlocks, lol.

This yr. at Draft Day I didn't attend the autographing event...they held it in a different place which wasn't conveniently located to where the actual party was taking place. :/

I ran into & chatted with Kimble Anders, also Walter Taylor, saw a couple other Chiefs players up where we were socializing...never even occurred to me to ask for an autograph. Someone else asked if they could take a pic of me with Walter Taylor, then later with Kimble Anders. Had they not asked the pics wouldn't exist, cause I sure didn't think to ask. :/

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Mr. Pioli, Do you feel the O-line is where it needs to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The only thing that really has me concerned is our OTs.

So I suppose I would ask him if thinks the long-term solution to our OT positions are on the team now, or need to be acquired yet.
    These are good questions, no doubt, but honestly, he's been asked quite abit about the O line & OT's. I can't remember answers he's given, but he's always positive with his answers, as any good GM (diplomat) would be, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    My question would be:

"I'm really intrigued with your hair Mr. Pioli, but I would like to ask you, can you target this season or the next one as a break through season, a season that can we say are SB contenders?"

I really started to think that they are planning a SB season for next year, not this one. But also, I don't think that this can be an open topic.
    I could be wrong, & asking him could prove me wrong or right...but I don't think he has a particular year in mind with a SB goal. Rather, I think he is doing what he feels he needs to at any given time an opportunity presents itself he believes will be of benefit with getting the Chiefs to SB.

Quote Originally Posted by 70 chiefsfan70 View Post
    Ask him if he thinks as I do: That Al Davis is and has always been the best Chiefs Player.

Not Really,

How about if He ever uses any input from fans in drafts and or free agency?
    These are great, including the question about Al Davis, hahaha. I would enjoy seeing the expression on his face being asked that question too, hahaha. "Mr. Pioli, do you believe as many fans do, that Al Davis is and has always been the most beneficial Chiefs team member?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Will you stay with the Chiefs until you retire or will you move on to another project after completing greatness here?
    It would be interesting to know how he would diplomatically handle answering this question, haha.

Thats was the hardest question I could come up with

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    Thats was the hardest question I could come up with
    I think he'll stay as long as the money is right.

I love The Chiefs and am impressed with Pioli as to what he has done and could not be happier he is our GM. My worry is what if some thing happens to our QB. What are his plans for that? I feel we are only doomed if we have to depend on BC to take over the helm. The fire power is now there for Cassel to improve greatly, but what if? This is my biggest concern. I just wish we had more of a proven back up. But WWPD? (What would Pioli do)

Issues like this are all a "balancing act". A quality back-up QB is not going to be easy to find and if we could find one would probably be expensive.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had one.

But I think Pioli and Haley have decided that the money one would cost is better spent on other players for the next two years while we try to develop our own back-up (and hopefully future starter) through the draft.

Admittedly a risky proposition, but then as I said above, its all a balancing act.

If I had to make these kinds of choices I would have ulcers in short order.

Ask him if he ever ventures out to the parking lot before games to mingle with the fans and their Tailgate and then ask him to join you for the Crowd game.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I've been chosen as one of 75 to attend a special Q&A with Scott Pioli and Mark Donovan on Monday, Aug. 15th while attending training camp for season ticket holders.

I don't really have any questions off hand I can think to ask. So, I'm giving Chiefs Crowd members the opportunity to ask their question through me. This is my thought...post your question you want asked in this discussion thread. On Friday the 12th I will choose a few semi finalist questions I like best, then I'll begin a poll and allow members to vote on which of those semi final questions they like best. The question with the most votes will become the question I ask, assuming I will be allowed to ask a question. :)

What do you all think of my idea? If you agree, then start now with asking your questions in this thread!! hahaha ;)

i recieved the invite to the training camp on the 15th as well and i really thinking about going,but the only thing holding me back is 3 days later im flying out to las vegas for a week and i don't know if i can swing it.id love to be there as its probably the best time to meet some players,get autographs,and pictures all in one day.might be tough but im still thinking about it.

anyway where is st josephs where the camp is being held anyway?im not that familar with the area that good

Quote Originally Posted by kcnation View Post
    i recieved the invite to the training camp on the 15th as well and i really thinking about going,but the only thing holding me back is 3 days later im flying out to las vegas for a week and i don't know if i can swing it.id love to be there as its probably the best time to meet some players,get autographs,and pictures all in one day.might be tough but im still thinking about it.

anyway where is st josephs where the camp is being held anyway?im not that familar with the area that good
    St. Joe is an hour North of KC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast