Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs sign Jared Gaither

Default Chiefs sign Jared Gaither

Check it...

Former Ravens OT Jared Gaither Signed By Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride

If we can get him to play to his potential this is a GREAT signing. So interested in how this shakes out across the line.

Oh and chiefsdrule... If you have negative thoughts..(which I think you have to cause his name is Jared and not Aubrayo) Can you do us all a solid and just post a frowny face and I promise we will get the point.

Thenks...

Here's my frowny face. :( Kidding! The only problem I have with this signing is that it throws a lot of wrenches to the monkeys. It's a good problem to have but is he healthy? Is or can his attitude problem be corrected? Is he going to play left or right?

If we're going to throw up a dream scenario how's this one... Mims turns into a quality right tackle and Gaither stays healthy for years. With Asamoah starting now, Hudson gaining experience and Lilja back in his home town...oh heck yeah!

So is Gaither's natural position RT or LT? I don't know that much about him. It was a name I'd heard thrown about as someone we *should* sign, so it's exciting, but just trying to get some idea of where he's going to end up.

I Like the signing. I hope he can stay healthy. He is HUGE (6-9 340lbs), and only 25 years old.

So he is in the middle of what could be his prime years as a player. I hope he can man a Tackle position, he has talent if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    So is Gaither's natural position RT or LT? I don't know that much about him. It was a name I'd heard thrown about as someone we *should* sign, so it's exciting, but just trying to get some idea of where he's going to end up.
    Not exactly the be all, end all but wikipedia has him as a LT. I'd believe it as they've already got him playing for the Chiefs...45 minutes after they announced the signing.

I wonder if we'll supplant ALbert, or move Gaither to RT.

Holy Flipping COW Dung. I love this signing. There is a lot of Risk, but also big reward.

Love it! Love it! Love it!

When he was Healthy he was an upgrade over Albert at LT. Move him or Albert to LT and this offensive line just got tons better.

My interpretation is that he's a project player. I read on rotoworld.com that he couldn't pass a physical after agreeing to terms with the Raiders. That would seem to indicate to me that he's definitely out of shape.

They are probably willing to take a chance on the guy and see if they can light a fire under his *** because he is ginormous. (wow, really spellchecker, that's a word now?) Anyhow, he serves as an immediate message to Albert and Richardson that Haley and CO. are serious about "competition at all positions". It'll be a stretch to turn this guy around but maybe they can do it. I doubt we will see him on the field anytime soon but best case scenario if they can reform him then they can either flip Albert to the RT position or even just insert this guy at RT.

The risk is low in my opinion... I am guessing a one year deal. So this is the perfect incentive for him to resurrect his NFL career. He steps up this year and we pay him... if not hes gone. Lets just say I wouldn't want to be in the way of 6'9" and 340lbs of a guy looking for redemption... haha. Great work by "Don" Pioli.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast