Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd Complaint Thread.

Default Chiefs Crowd Complaint Thread.

I am sick and tired of the bovine excrement that some times happens in threads, I want it stop!
    So this is your chance to complain in open about things you do not like about the HOME OF THE CHIEFS!
    Things you do not like about the Rules of the Home of the Chiefs! Complain about Mods, what ever you want to piss and moan about, do it here! But you better have a answer to solve the problem. Understand it is a privilege to belong. You have no cost in being a member. Coach owns this site and pays all the bills.
    Post away.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Boy, this thread was a bad idea. Maybe I will close it. :)
    I will fight you!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    And you wonder why people talk sideways to each other. That was mature. Monkey see monkey do.
    I Know, but he is a jerk, just ask him. He will admit it. I closed the thread to cool it. I opened it back up to see if my point was made, if it was not, I will close it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Boy, this thread was a bad idea. Maybe I will close it. :)
    Go ahead, I just thought we should get all the bs done in one thread, get the steam rolled off, before the season begins.

I didn't come here to complain. I came for an argument!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM"]Monty Python - Argument Clinic - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Shut the Fu*k up!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

First, I want to be clear that I have nothing but respect for Chiefs Crowd, Coach, and the mods here. Moderating a public website is far from easy. I've never 'officially' moderated, but I was asked to assist as a nuetralizer of drama & online conflict, specifically at Kid Rock's former fan club website. It's a frustrating task at times.

There is nothing wrong with intense or heated debates, it's a natural instinct for humans to show emotion at times when disagreements and/or debates become heated. In fact, such can actually be healthy for interactive websites or forums...drama as it's often called = ratings...natural fact. It's no different than a drama series on TV...people are naturally intriqued & drawn to it. Many people when given the opportunity will eventually work it out among themselves, own up & offer apologies when they know they were wrong.

Where I feel respectable & healthy boundaries are crossed is when a disagreement turns into a personal attack of character, appearance, or ones family. Personal attacks towards someones character, appearance, family, income, race, lifestyle in general, or indimidating threats of any kind aren't acceptable by most website standards...understandably & rightfully so.

I've spent yrs. interacting in some notorious hard core music forums, including those containing gang rap battles. There isn't much I've not read, my eyes have been raped many times, so to speak. More than likely I've become complacent as such. Not much phases me I read online. I learned wisely long ago not to take the bait, and definitely not to swallow the hook even if nibbling at the bait. Besides, when comparing online conflict to real life conflict, struggles, battles, loss...it puts online conflict in proper perspective...it's simply not worth the time nor effort by comparison, & certainly not worth shortening ones lifespan with elevated blood pressure.

I do think at times moderation can be a bit too strict, but I also know there is a fine line between being too strict & not, as some personalities when given an inch will indeed take a mile. I suppose it's just a matter of ones best judgement. :/

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I hate it when people don't use their blinkers......a$$holes

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    I hate it when people don't use their blinkers......a$
    mine is burnt out so I try to turn left as much as possible.

Do you turn left because that blinker works or because it's burnt out?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast