Thread: Don't expect much from the staters again

Default Don't expect much from the staters again

It is what it is.

Well Getting the Team in physical shape last season helped keep the injuries down, so I am okay with that approach again.

When during the Pioli/Haley administration did you grow your preseason expectations?

The media acts like these games mean something because they have nothing else to talk about.

It hasn't been very long since they been here so I am frankly pretty surprised at the fact anyone the follows the team is surprised. Here's what you can expect from any preseason game from the Chiefs during this front office tenure. Nothing. They play their cards close to their chests and Haley is going to let them get pushed around a little in preseason so they are in a fighting mood come the regular season. The players read the press just as we all do so don't think for a moment it doesn't work to motivate them.

I only hope they do let the starters that didn't play last week get some snaps of game action that's the only thing that I would care about. I think it would be helpful if they did have some action but not really all that worried about what the scores will be.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

We need to see something more from these 2nd's and 3rd's too. Right now we can ill-afford any injuries to starters. I understand why they are not putting the starters out there, but at the same time it is never ok to get blanked on your home turf. These new guys need to Chief-Up!

It's fine to get blanked in a glorified scrimmage on your home practice field. The TB starters were going up against 2nd and 3rd string players. Later on their 2nd string was going against rookies and practice team prospects.

Expect very limited time for the offensive starters against that Raven's defense. I think their time will be extended in the last two pre season games as they get a better idea of the players they're going to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    It's fine to get blanked in a glorified scrimmage on your home practice field. The TB starters were going up against 2nd and 3rd string players. Later on their 2nd string was going against rookies and practice team prospects.

Expect very limited time for the offensive starters against that Raven's defense. I think their time will be extended in the last two pre season games as they get a better idea of the players they're going to keep.
    I agree. Let the starters get some playing time to knock the rust off. But use the preseason to see what you have in the 2nd and 3rd stringers, who will be used for depth and relief of the starters.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

I would like to see a reversed role for starters and backups.

Have the starters get their work done late in the game, which could even provide a bit of a sense of urgency, which starters miss out on during most preseason games.

If the game is close, then the starters would have more of a real-game atmosphere, plus they would get the advantage that The Ravens' starters would get, in playing against backups and tryout players.

But I doubt we will see anything like that.

They are just practice sessions. That being said, we need an answer for backup QB that can come in and move the ball. These "practice" sessions bring that to view.