Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas Texans

Default Dallas Texans

Are there any old school Dallas Texans fans still following the Chiefs? I know it is unlikely but I was just wondering. Would anybody believe such a fan if he made such a claim?

I could say I was a fan of the Dallas Texans but to tell the truth I did not know what the NFL was before the Texans moved to KC. Yes I knew what it was but I did not follow it in the least I was 16 when the move happened and before that time I could care less about any pro football team it was the A's all the way. So I can truthfully say the Chiefs are the only pro football team I have ever liked. I went to a military school and every year we would go to a game and have a formal dress parade at half time and of course we got to watch the game. Then I was also in the marching drill team and we got to go down a second time and preform at halftime so I got to go to two games a year in the early days for free.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Are there any Los Angeles Charger fans left?
    I don't know, the Bolts were there for one year and the team was not supported much at all. I am certain there are people still alive in LA who attended Chargers games in the Collesium, but considering it was over 53 years ago and the team moved south due to the lack of support from the LA market after one year it is very unlikely that many kept up their fanship.
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    [/B]
    and made the decision to form the AFL. Thanks Lamar!
    Right On about that! Thanks Lamar RIP.
    Crush The raiders!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    ask my brother, he will confirm i was a TEXANS fan. he was a "boston" patriots fan back in the days of "old bones" babe parelli. what's so hard to believe, you only have to be really old, really loyal, and really stubborn!! hey thats me!!!!

hey!, thats exactly what i was gonna say, i was a fan of the Texans and my brother was a pats fan....i started rooting for the TEXANS because of their secondary logo, a big cowboy on horseback riding across texas, reminded me of pecos bill. then when they moved to KC they replaced the cowboy w/an indian chief and texas w/missouri. i have a collection of DALLAS TEXANS football cards.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12