Thread: Chiefs almost traded Charles to the 'Skins for a 3rd Rounder

Default Chiefs almost traded Charles to the 'Skins for a 3rd Rounder

According to former Washington Redskins GM Vinny Cerrato, the Chiefs almost traded Charles to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick in 2009. Fortunately, the Redskins thought this price was at the time.

I can only imagine how pissed I would be if this were to have happened, especially with all the other house cleaning going on around that time.

The Chiefs almost traded Jamaal Charles | Red Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    According to former Washington Redskins GM Vinny Cerrato, the Chiefs almost traded Charles to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick in 2009. Fortunately, the Redskins thought this price was at the time.

I can only imagine how pissed I would be if this were to have happened, especially with all the other house cleaning going on around that time.

The Chiefs almost traded Jamaal Charles | Red Zone
    Holy crap! That would have been even worse then getting rid of Jared Allen.

If you think about it. Charles didn't blow up until the 2nd half of 2009.

at the time, he was actually de-activated in week 3 from the active roster.

So if this trade were to supposedly have done down the 1st half of the season, there would have been not much lost, because we had'nt seen him produce.

In Hindsight it's crazy, and to tell you the truth I never understood why Charles didn't get more touches even when we had LJ, he had always averaged over 5 yds per touch. Never understood why he didn't get his shot until LJ was out of town.

All in all, I love that the guy is on our team, and yeah that would have sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    If you think about it. Charles didn't blow up until the 2nd half of 2009.

at the time, he was actually de-activated in week 3 from the active roster.

So if this trade were to supposedly have done down the 1st half of the season, there would have been not much lost, because we had'nt seen him produce.

In Hindsight it's crazy, and to tell you the truth I never understood why Charles didn't get more touches even when we had LJ, he had always averaged over 5 yds per touch. Never understood why he didn't get his shot until LJ was out of town.

All in all, I love that the guy is on our team, and yeah that would have sucked!
    I think the reason that LJ was still the starter was that in Haleys first Preseason as coach Charles had some issues holding on to the football. If a RB can't hold on to the football then he can't play. I still think it was the right move for Haley to make even knowing how things turned out.

It's scary to know just how close we came to loseing charles. But who knows if he would have worked out with the Redskins. Good news is that we won't know.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

almost, coulda, shoulda doesn't matter, did and did'nt is all that counts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    almost, coulda, shoulda doesn't matter, did and did'nt is all that counts!!!
    My thoughts, almost, exactly!