Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haley is gaining a reputation as a ....

Default Haley is gaining a reputation as a ....

....whiney little girl around the league. This is not just from Raider fans.

Todd Haley upset with John Harbaugh | ProFootballTalk

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I don't think the ravens were shady there. It's a 60 minute game not 58:52. The pass should have been picked if we were still playing at that point. What better goal line situation than a bunch of pissed off players trying to stop a run?

Haley being mad was alright with me too, I agree that's much better than how Herm would have handled it. Who gives a crap if people outside the Chiefs likes him, I love the way he coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Meh.

I could care less what the rest of the league thinks of Haley; all that matters to me is our win/loss record - in the regular/post seasons.
    I respectfully agree with you assessment, of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    I don't think the ravens were shady there. It's a 60 minute game not 58:52. The pass should have been picked if we were still playing at that point. What better goal line situation than a bunch of pissed off players trying to stop a run?

Haley being mad was alright with me too, I agree that's much better than how Herm would have handled it. Who gives a crap if people outside the Chiefs likes him, I love the way he coaches.
    I live in Huskerland, and we have a Head Coach of the Huskers, that is not afraid to get in the face of anyone, including players, refs, ect. He believes in his team, and stands up for his players, he has is a fiery, passionate personality! We love him in Huskerland, and so does his players! I have no issue with Haley, at this time. But in the NFL, it is about the W's.

Not to try to overthink this, but.....

Our players don't like it when they lose and I think it bothers them more if they feel the opposing team is "dissing" them by running up the score.

I think Haley showing a little "attitude" when that kind of thing happens is good for team spirit.

I think that finger in McDaniels face last year was good for the team.

I hope every damn coach, team and commentator calls Haley a whining little BIOTCH while we are on our way to the Super Bowl!

I for one LIKE Haley's attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    I respectfully agree with you assessment, of the issue.

I've thought about this some more since I made my original post in this thread supporting Harbaugh and there's one thing about what he said that doesn't make sense to me.

He said that the situation was different because it was preseason game and he needed to run plays to evaluate his players. If there were 8 seconds left and the entire Chiefs defense was expecting the Ravens to take a knee, How hard is it to score against them? These were mostly 4th stringers who won't make the team anyway. What does Harbaugh learn about his players from that? That they can score against scrubs who aren't even trying to stop them?

I still think in a preseason game, you should play hard to the last second regardless of the score. If I was at the bottom of the depth chart and I knew I had very few chances to impress the coaches anyway, and one or 2 plays could be the difference between making a pretty good income as a professional football player or having to get a real job, i would be playing as hard as I can.

I understand that coaches are using the game to evaluate talent and you have certain plays you want to run, regardless of the score or the down and distance. But situations change over the course of the game. Maybe there are a lot of turnovers and you don't get many offensive plays so you have to focus on the defense for that game. Or maybe, ... you are already up 24-13 and there's only 8 seconds left on the clock.

The more I have thought about it, the more I have leaned toward Haley on this. I have no problem with any of the other scoring drives, but the last one was pointless and revealed nothing about the players on the field. It was bad sportsmanship and he shouldn't have done it.

I stand (self) corrected.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 08-21-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Blah blah blah, if Haley doesn't want to get scored against, then get players on the field that can stop the scoring drive. In the preseason the score does not matter, it is all about players trying to show they have what it takes to make the team. There were defensive players on the field for the Chiefs that could have stopped the drive, but failed.

Stop whining about it Haley and play the game. Take it as a learning opportunity and team those kids on the field something about it.
    I have no problem with Haley having some words for Harbaugh.

But I totally agree that, if he didn't like it, he should have done something about it when it was happening.

Can't? Then too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandKing77 View Post
    What the Ravens did was tacky and unprofessional. Instead of thinking so and not doing or saying anything about it, Haley let Harbaugh know it was a douche move. To just sit there and feel one way while acting another is what would make someone "a whiney little girl".

Right.

Whining isn't whining.

Not whining is whining.

I am fine with Coach Haley making a statement to Harbaugh.

But that was some real serious spin you added to the discussion right there.

So he is getting a bad reputation? Vermiel was a known as the guy who cried seven times each season.
    Makes no difference to me.

I will form my opinion of the coach in my own way. And it rarely matches what the majority thinks.

Did Harbaugh do anything worng?

Nope.

It's a football game. He instructed his players to play football.

No rules were broken. And he got a rare goalline opportunity for his "tryout" players.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    The more I have thought about it, the more I have leaned toward Haley on this. I have no problem with any of the other scoring drives, but the last one was pointless and revealed nothing about the players on the field. It was bad sportsmanship and he shouldn't have done it.

I stand (self) corrected.
    My complements Sir.

I really don't think it matters. Look, training camps are hard work and the best these guys playing in the 4th quarter can do is get on the practice squad. Harbaugh threw a bone to some guys who will never score in a regular season game. Haley took exception to it. End of story. We aren't whiny New England or Dallas fans, this shouldn't matter.

Why is it when this happens with little kids its poor sportsmanship every single time but if it's a pro game there are lots of reasons as to why it happened. Poor sportsmanship doesn't get thrown out the window at any level.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast