Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Justin Houston

Default Justin Houston

This guy is impressing me from the Baltimore game. I don't know if its because it was the Ravens second teamers or what.

Wasn't he the one who test positive for pot right before the combine?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    NFL NETWORK replay tuesday 10 am
    No direct TV..... NOOOOO. haha.

I am just glad we looked better.

Missed the Ravens game, but good rumbles about Houston from that game. I'm starting to get "cautiously optomistic" about this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Missed the Ravens game, but good rumbles about Houston from that game. I'm starting to get "cautiously optomistic" about this pick.
    I too am becoming optimistic about this pick. But I find myself even more curious about how he's getting along in the locker room. After Baldwin's spectacular blowup has Houston seen it's not smart to be a diva and better to blend in? Or is he still the "I'm a first round talent" hold out? I didn't get to see the game but if he's blending well with the team and his attitude is becoming a "what can I do for the team" then I'm willing to give the kid a few years to develop. I suppose I'll take a Hali Jr. right now though if it's forced on me.

The great thing here is that on the opposite side from Hali, he creates a disruption by being a good pass rusher- do you defend Hali? Houston? Both?

That frees up 1st round picks Dorsey and Jackson, and DJ, Sheffield, Gregg, Gilberry, etc. to get to the QB and make plays. I think it's just another good way to overmatch opposing offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    I too am becoming optimistic about this pick. But I find myself even more curious about how he's getting along in the locker room. After Baldwin's spectacular blowup has Houston seen it's not smart to be a diva and better to blend in? Or is he still the "I'm a first round talent" hold out? I didn't get to see the game but if he's blending well with the team and his attitude is becoming a "what can I do for the team" then I'm willing to give the kid a few years to develop. I suppose I'll take a Hali Jr. right now though if it's forced on me.
    This is the first I have even heard of him being a Diva. I am assuming this is a What if type of speculation, but typically players understand when a person hold outs for more money. If that is the case, at least he showed on the field that he is walking that talk a little.

I will watch the teams reactions towards him next time and see if anyone high fives him or anything after a play or is talking to him on the side line. Usually you can tell if he is liked in the locker room if people just ho Hum a sack or good play. Brandon Siler got tons of high fives after his big block on the punt return and I think Houston may have been one of those people excited, so I think he is at least in with the line backers.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    This is the first I have even heard of him being a Diva. I am assuming this is a What if type of speculation, but typically players understand when a person hold outs for more money. If that is the case, at least he showed on the field that he is walking that talk a little.

I will watch the teams reactions towards him next time and see if anyone high fives him or anything after a play or is talking to him on the side line. Usually you can tell if he is liked in the locker room if people just ho Hum a sack or good play. Brandon Siler got tons of high fives after his big block on the punt return and I think Houston may have been one of those people excited, so I think he is at least in with the line backers.
    This is a good point. I never really thought about it too much. I guess this short offseason didn't really help the rooks with comradery, not to mention his holdout and character concerns.

Those two sacks were huge for this guy. I think it showed the team that this kid has some serious talent. So if the team will get behind him he can see great success.

And apparently he is still not in top shape. He let his play do the talking and I can't wait to see more.

What do you guys think about baldwin? I kinda viewed them the same at the start of camp. But now realize he is more of an issue. I know it sounds crazy but I think something like this was gonna happen no matter what. And I think we are somewhat fortunate that is was as minor as it ended up being and he can still play. I mean he has weeks to set around and think about his attitude. I gotta believe he comes back and shows he is for real.

I can't say I am getting the "warm and fuzzies" about Baldwin.

That said, I think we have a good enough team and coach that we can correct his attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Was there ever a report that actually said he was holding out for more money??? I actually thought the new rookie wage scale limited the variables with rookie contracts, so he actually couldn't "hold out for more money"

Not sure if we really ever got an explanation for why he was late signing. As for now, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and think that he is on track so far. I hope he does well this season, 1 more stud LB (Or if Belcher can step it up a level) and we could have a LB corp like the Steelers in a year or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Was there ever a report that actually said he was holding out for more money??? I actually thought the new rookie wage scale limited the variables with rookie contracts, so he actually couldn't "hold out for more money"

Not sure if we really ever got an explanation for why he was late signing. As for now, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, and think that he is on track so far. I hope he does well this season, 1 more stud LB (Or if Belcher can step it up a level) and we could have a LB corp like the Steelers in a year or two!
    I never saw a report that said he was holding out for money. It was speculation from the reports. I believe the Slotting system is only for the first two rounds. After that, there is the ability to negotiate.

I don't know for a fact if that is true. I just heard is somewhere.

I thought the late signing was due to Houston not being on the top priority list of signing.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12