Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Justin Houston

Default Justin Houston

This guy is impressing me from the Baltimore game. I don't know if its because it was the Ravens second teamers or what.

Wasn't he the one who test positive for pot right before the combine?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

He is in raw form about the same as Hali both are undersized DE's playing LB. 6'3" 270 and 275 pounds respectively. Houston was projected as a late first round pick that fell to the third round due to the positive test. Justin has a ton of potential and could be developed into quite a compliment to Hali in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    This guy is impressing me from the Baltimore game. I don't know if its because it was the Ravens second teamers or what.

Wasn't he the one who test positive for pot right before the combine?
    Yes he is that guy. He is also the one 3rd round player who held out longer than all other draft picks.

He did look very good. Looked bigger Frida night than all the scout reports when we drafted him.

does anyone know where I could find some footage from that game?

He showed up to play against the ravens for sure. Him and veran Tucker both showed what they could bring to the team. Lets hope both can keep it up.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Missed most of the Game, but saw highlights, and yeah he had a good game.

I hope he can do this in the regular season but.... just so we don't get our hopes up....

3 seasons ago, Haley's 1st year, I saw a LB in the preseason that was all over the field! he was making plays in the backfield, and honestly you saw him get a hand on the ball carrier just about every play. We signed this guy for special teams, and he won a starting LB job in the pre-season due to his good performance.....This guy was Corey Mays. I'm not saying Mays is horrible, or Houston will suck, I'm just saying I do hope he can do this in the regular season, not just the pre-season, and he's not just getting our hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

I hope he can do this in the regular season but.... just so we don't get our hopes up....

3 seasons ago, Haley's 1st year, I saw a LB in the preseason that was all over the field! he was making plays in the backfield, and honestly you saw him get a hand on the ball carrier just about every play. We signed this guy for special teams, and he won a starting LB job in the pre-season due to his good performance.....This guy was Corey Mays. I'm not saying Mays is horrible, or Houston will suck, I'm just saying I do hope he can do this in the regular season, not just the pre-season, and he's not just getting our hopes up.
    In comparision to the Starter Andy Studebaker who I like as a character high motor person. He showed a lot of promise. Your comparison to Corey Mays isn't as feasible as Corey Mays was a Vet. This kid is the first round talent we got in the 3rd round.

He was slotted to be drafted in the mid 1st round until he failed the drug test.

He could very well become the OLB version of Derrick Johnson who struggled the first couple years but is looking great right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    does anyone know where I could find some footage from that game?

NFL NETWORK replay tuesday 10 am

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post

I am hoping the same. The one thing that has me more excited is that he looked pretty good against some of the Ravens starting unit. But now the question will be do other teams see something on tape and find a way to just shut him down. But it's always good to see a rookie showing good things in the preseason.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I am hoping the same. The one thing that has me more excited is that he looked pretty good against some of the Ravens starting unit. But now the question will be do other teams see something on tape and find a way to just shut him down. But it's always good to see a rookie showing good things in the preseason.
    It would be excellent for us if the offense had to focus on shutting him down. That would make our pass rush unstoppable considering we already have that in Hali

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast