Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even NFL.com saying nothing about the Chiefs.

Default Even NFL.com saying nothing about the Chiefs.

"Does anybody out there still consider firing Marty Schottenheimer and replacing him with Norv Turner a good move after coming off a 14-2 season? Somebody ...? Anybody ...? Nobody ...?"

This is the only thing that was said before the video started.

Here's a question analysts! COULD IT BE THE CHIEFS BEAT THE CHARGERS BECAUSE THE TEAM HAS PROFESSIONAL NFL FOOTBALL PLAYERS THAT HAVE SOME TALENT AND SHOWED UP AND PLAYED THE GAME AND THE BETTER TEAM WIN?

Yes I think that is the reason why the CHIEFS won is because they are better than the CHARGERS!!!!!!!! umm......just a thought.

<a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    "Does anybody out there still consider firing Marty Schottenheimer and replacing him with Norv Turner a good move after coming off a 14-2 season? Somebody ...? Anybody ...? Nobody ...?"

Here's a question analysts! COULD IT BE THE CHIEFS BEAT THE CHARGERS BECAUSE THE TEAM HAS PROFESSIONAL NFL FOOTBALL PLAYERS THAT HAVE SOME TALENT AND SHOWED UP AND PLAYED THE GAME AND THE BETTER TEAM WIN?

Yes I think that is the reason why the CHIEFS won is because they are better than the CHARGERS!!!!!!!! umm......just a thought.

I agree.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I agree.
    man, i hate to have to talk FOR the media on here...but there is a reason for this talk. we are talking about the team that had the best record last year, and was of course hyped up at the beginning of the season.

So...if you take a national football average fans perspective....the big story truly is the team that went 14-2 last year is now 1-3!!!! i mean, without any byast to our beloved chiefs fan, please tell me you can't truly see why the headline wouldnt be...."team with best record last year SINKING FAST."

had the chiefs gone 14-2 or just had their 13-3 season...and started off like this...we would be getting torn apart in the headlines.

this is pretty normal. chiefs are ok, media is ok...everything is good and im at peace :)

Quote Originally Posted by timsatt1 View Post
    man, i hate to have to talk FOR the media on here...but there is a reason for this talk. we are talking about the team that had the best record last year, and was of course hyped up at the beginning of the season.

So...if you take a national football average fans perspective....the big story truly is the team that went 14-2 last year is now 1-3!!!! i mean, without any byast to our beloved chiefs fan, please tell me you can't truly see why the headline wouldnt be...."team with best record last year SINKING FAST."

had the chiefs gone 14-2 or just had their 13-3 season...and started off like this...we would be getting torn apart in the headlines.

this is pretty normal. chiefs are ok, media is ok...everything is good and im at peace :)
    I'm not, have to wait an hour before I can have a beer
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Thats if the media realized that we existed. Eh whatever let them keep doubting.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post

What did you expect; welcome sonny, make yourself at home; marry my daughter? You gotta remember: these are simple folks, people of the land, the common clay of the new west; you know – morons.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

there is alittle said about the chiefs on nfl.com:
    Kansas City 30, San Diego 16: Let's just dispense with the notion that the Chargers are actually a good team performing poorly. At 1-3, they are what their record says they are -- a poor team.

The Chargers' offense continues to spin its wheels without having much to show for it. Their defense can't stop anyone.

And let's give the 2-2 Chiefs some credit. Although they entered the game with the better record, they were widely regarded as a significant underdog. However, Herm Edwards has a solid defense that plays its best in crunch time; it has yet to allow a second-half touchdown this season.

Frustrated running back Larry Johnson finally broke loose for 123 yards. Damon Huard wasn't spectacular; he threw two interceptions, but he also had two scoring throws.

Granted, the Chargers have plenty of issues. The weight of the controversial decision to fire Marty Schottenheimer after last season's 14-2 finish and replace him with Norv Turner grows heavier by the week. Fans in San Diego began chanting, "Mar-ty! Mar-ty! Mar-ty!" as the game came to a close.

But the Chiefs have shown steady progress. They are getting by without a premier quarterback. Johnson finally had a breakout game. And their defense, which was ranked fourth in the NFL after three weeks, is solid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09...eo&confirm=true
    ____
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

But the Chiefs have shown steady progress. They are getting by without a premier quarterback. Johnson finally had a breakout game. And their defense, which was ranked fourth in the NFL after three weeks, is solid.
    Wow! Some actual credit!

That was last year........last year is last year. I don't care what any team did last year I care about this year. Talk about the teams that are winning and stop making excuses for the ones that aren't.

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I'm not, have to wait an hour before I can have a beer
    An hour...call the folks at Guinness guys...

Oh...you thought I meant these guys???

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast