Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I know we are trying to move past this... but

Default I know we are trying to move past this... but

More Details On Jonathan Baldwin-Thomas Jones Fight - Arrowhead Pride

Very interesting... It seems as the "physical" altercation was actually started by jones... Which is completely unacceptable.

If you can't keep your 32 year old veterans under control you can't even start to blame your 21 year old rookies.

Both are in the wrong but the physical sh!t should have never happened.

Of course, we don't know what Baldwin said to possibly provoke Jones. Sure, Jones *should* have kept a cool head, but how things are vs. how they should be don't always match up.

Disheartening, if true. I got a chance to meet Thomas Jones at the Plaza lighting and say a few words and seemed like a genuine guy....and a very sharp dresser;)
    I guess in the end, they all seem to be thugs. Sucks to hear this.

True. And I am glad TJ put him in his place... I just wish he wouldn't have started the physical altercation. Cause in the end everyone has lost because this hinders our Offense. We are here to win a championship and this crap sets us back. I just hate to see this level of unprofessionalism especially after the lockout.

Apparently Baldwin was taking ill to the rookie hazing Charles was starting and then TJ backed him up. Welcome to the NFL! Dez Bryant had the same issue last year in camp.

Bottom line we passed up on some serious potential to take Baldwin (I was hopin Phil Taylor) so I hope this kid shapes up.

It sounds to me like Baldwin wanted his arse beat. Baldwins got the Diva reputation. he had it in college and he's gettn here. So if Jones wanted to put him in his place so what? sometimes an asswhoopin is the only thing that will straightn you out

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Disheartening, if true. I got a chance to meet Thomas Jones at the Plaza lighting and say a few words and seemed like a genuine guy....and a very sharp dresser;)
    You can not judge the character of all by the, out of character, actions of the few or the one.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Of course, we don't know what Baldwin said to possibly provoke Jones. Sure, Jones *should* have kept a cool head, but how things are vs. how they should be don't always match up.
    \

...Exactly!

LMAO! You guys are unbelievable. When EVERYONE assumed Baldwin provoked the altercation, you all acted like he deserved it. BUT NOW that the truth came out and Jones "SUCKER PUNCHED" Baldwin, Baldwin is still to blame? LOL

There's NO EXCUSE for Jones being a lil b*tch and sucker punching someone, PERIOD.

Then you guys say he "asked for it". Why cuz he thinks the hazing stuff is childish? Maybe he's the one who's grown up and there to PLAY FOOTBALL, not games.

Since when does "hazing" have anything to do with being in the NFL? Sounds like Baldwin stood up for himself and felt like they were going too far with it. And that Baldwin did the right thing by showing maturity by not starting the physical altercation. You guys should be applauding him not saying he deserved it.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Just for the record: I think their both to blame for the unacceptable behavior. I think the reactions expressed are based much upon the limited knowledge of the situation, those involved and their general reputations; good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    I feel like I am a pretty genuine person, I always treat every person I meet with respect, even when they may have done something wrong to me. I attend church regularly, I try my best to be a good person and do the right thing in all situations I am placed in

This doesn't mean I wouldn't get into a physical altercation it I was set off. My point is we don't know what the situation was, but I do know that the wrong words or actions can set someone off, even if they are usually level headed.

I don't think Jones is a bad person if he started this. To tell you the truth, I think the entire locker room is at fault, We win as a team and loose as a team, that also means we need to work together as a team to resolve conflicts in the locker room. There are fights at every training camp every season, and the only reason this is being blown up is because of Baldwin's past, and Jone's being viewed as a leader.

It's just another training camp...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast