Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Chip & Blue Chip Rankings; Some Love for a few Chiefs!

Default Red Chip & Blue Chip Rankings; Some Love for a few Chiefs!

Micheal Lombardi of NFL.com gave out Red Chip and Blue Chip Rankings for each potions in the NFL.

Definition of a blue-chip player
    » Player demonstrates rare abilities and can create mismatches that have an obvious impact on the game
    » Is a premier player in the league and a weapon on the field
    » Combines competitiveness and skill to have a consistent championship-level performance
    » Rates in the top five at his position in the league

Definition of a red-chip player
    » Player has abilities that can create mismatches vs. most opponents in the league
    » Is a featured player on the team and has impact on the outcome of the game
    » Player can't be taken out of the game in one-on-one matchup
    » Has a consistent level of performance each week
    » Plays at a championship level performance
    » Rates in the top 10 at his position in the league

He gave some love to a few Chiefs that I thought was nice. A few that would be Expected, and a Few that were a surprise (the average analyst usually bypasses love for these players)

We only had 1 Blue Chip Recipient : Eric Berry
    and Lombardi had this to say " The top two players here were easy to pick (Reed & Palomalu). Berry might be moving into that group if he has another season like his rookie year."

And a handful of Red Chip Recipients : Tamba Hali, Jamaal Charles, and Brandon Flowers (who I was presently surprised to see on this list because he usually doesn't get much love when the conversation of top DB's in the league come up)

Dwayne Bowe fell just short, but Lombardi did make this comment "Dwyane Bowe of the Chiefs was the hardest omission. He had 10 touchdowns last season, but it never felt like he could take over a game." (There was actually a typo because Bowe had 15 TD's)

Overall I can agree with most of these rankings! I think with one more year we could see Bowe move into a Red Chip Role, and Charles and Hali move into a Blue Chip Role. Nice to see our boys getting some love!

Just saw that list. That list is dumb. Where is Tony Gonzalez?!?!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Atlanta.

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just when you thought someone couldn't get any dumber, they prove you wrong. And I'm sure Canada, who follows me around on here like a teenage groupie and is still on my ignore list posted something equally as dumb.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I'm surprised Berry got blue chip while Charles didn't. I also think Bowe should have gotten at least red chip.

Check out these shirts I found
    Last edited by chief31; 08-26-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEBERGLOVER View Post
    Check out these shirts I found

GoAway.com
    Uh, ... no!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I'm surprised Berry got blue chip while Charles didn't. I also think Bowe should have gotten at least red chip.
    I think it's just more worthless blather from these talking heads that like to create the impression they know what they're talking about. Case in point, didn't Dwayne Bowe have 15 TD's last year, not 10 ? This is readily available information, it's just out there for anyone with the internet and the abitlity to type nfl.com... and this guy works for the NFL network and can't get it right. And this was a big deal last year, he was on track for busting the record.

I don't know why but these guys just hate the Chiefs. It has always seemed that way to me.

By the way, Lombardi isn't even his real last name, he changed it to get an 'in' with the industry. Lombardi, the LaConfora's, and Breer's can all just go play on the highway. I'm tired of hearing football 'insight' from guys who didn't and couldn't have even played the game in highschool. Every time I see LaConfora's ugly mug on TV I just think to myself, get the eFF away from me you creepy looking chess geek.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast