Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: apparel etiquette

Default apparel etiquette

Would it be wrong to wear a Trent Green jersey to the game tonight? First game ever for me, any advice?

no not at all Trent is a Chiefs Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfanne1980 View Post
    What he said. As long as you do not wear the # 2.7 with L jhonnos (letters not in certain order)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfanne1980 View Post

Trent is a Chiefs legend, then I guess it doesn't take much to become legendary in KC. Think about it.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

The only etiquette for a Chiefs game is you must wear red. That is the only rule!
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Trent is a Chiefs legend, then I guess it doesn't take much to become legendary in KC. Think about it.
    That got you neg rep from me, be careful how you talk about the Chief's, Trent Green is a Chief, that is where he made is mark in the NFL, that is where he played his best as a NFL player, and lead the Chiefs well in his time as QB of the Chiefs! Chief fans look at things different than faders do. Trent Green was a leader on the field and off the field! He was a true leader, a Chief Great! But I guess we Chiefs look at character of a player different than fader fans.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    But I guess we Chiefs look at character of a player different than fader fans.
    That would be a certain fact!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    That got you neg rep from me, be careful how you talk about the Chief's, Trent Green is a Chief, that is where he made is mark in the NFL, that is where he played his best as a NFL player, and lead the Chiefs well in his time as QB of the Chiefs! Chief fans look at things different than faders do. Trent Green was a leader on the field and off the field! He was a true leader, a Chief Great! But I guess we Chiefs look at character of a player different than fader fans.
    I see that being opened minded is one of your strong suits. Anyway, a legend by definition would have to do something legendary. As opposed to player who was solid. Trent Green, IMOP....and just by his on the field performance...(being a great citizen not withstanding).....was a very solid player. Legendary status should held for players who truly had defining moments and of course are in the HOF. For example, Derrick Thomas was a legendary player, has much as I hated his great games against the Raiders, the man was awesome and unstoppable(up there with LT). Willie Lanier is a legend, as are Lenny Dawson and Otis Taylor. In order for the word "legendary" to have meaning, it must be used conservitaly in order for to retain its meaning.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I see that being opened minded is one of your strong suits. Anyway, a legend by definition would have to do something legendary. As opposed to player who was solid. Trent Green, IMOP....and just by his on the field performance...(being a great citizen not withstanding).....was a very solid player. Legendary status should held for players who truly had defining moments and of course are in the HOF. For example, Derrick Thomas was a legendary player, has much as I hated his great games against the Raiders, the man was awesome and unstoppable(up there with LT). Willie Lanier is a legend, as are Lenny Dawson and Otis Taylor. In order for the word "legendary" to have meaning, it must be used conservitaly in order for to retain its meaning.
    Yoda! I am very much open minded, I am also very Patience and to a point, to much so I think. All the Chiefs you have named above are legendary Chiefs! But you just do not get it! Trent will be also one of them! It is not always about winning, but how you win. It is about the player as a Man! Chief Fans want and praise Chief players that are great off the field, and are role models to our children. Not what some other players or teams strive for. We only want the best, win or lose. Why do you think the Chief Nation turned on lj so fast, he was not worthy of being a Chief! Yes we will win, but we demand a higher standard, We expect strong character in our players, not just physical skills. Just my personal thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast