Thread: Should all penalties have the option of being...

Default Should all penalties have the option of being...

accepted or declined? I was just watching the game and I saw a 3 and 7 play or something like that and the play ended up a yard short. But the rams had a penalty which replied the down. And in which the rams converted.

What do you guys think? I think on any penalty the ream should have that option.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

The chiefs could have declined that they chose to take it. I think they were trying to keep them from even getting a field goal. It just backfired.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    The chiefs could have declined that they chose to take it. I think they were trying to keep them from even getting a field goal. It just backfired.
    I believe that is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes that is what happened.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    While it might be correct, there are a few penalties that don't have that option. So teams do actually do better with longer yardage situations.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    While it might be correct, there are a few penalties that don't have that option. So teams do actually do better with longer yardage situations.

Well, the way the rules are set up now, if I'm not mistaken, the only penalties that a team has no choice but to accept are the dead ball penalties. Should teams have the option to decline those? I don't really know; the game has never been played that way. However, I don't think it's very often that the offending team actually benefits from being the recipient of negative penalty yardage.

All I know is that I turned off the game when it's 4th and whatever...Rams punting. Tweet!!! Encroachment...defense, 5 yard penalty, replay 4th down. We line up and AGAIN tweet!!! encroachment, defense, 5 yard penalty, first down St. Louis.

For ****'s sake people, it's 4th down. I realize at that point in the game it's possibly 2nd stringers if not 3rd or 4th but c'mon man!! I've seen a LOT of stupid mistakes and miscue's that concern me a bit.

I realize that Haley is treating the preseason like practices and evaluating talent, etc, whatever. But at some point you have to put some hustle into the team because if they carry this attitude over to regular season when it's not a "practice" we're gonna get whooped. I know we did the same thing last year but we've got an insanely hard schedule this year and need to bring it early to put pressure on the other AFC West teams. Unfortunately this weeks game will be a scrub fest to "evaluate talent". Here's to hoping Buffalo will be a push over.

On that note, has anyone heard if their rookie D-lineman will be playing us or if he's out for a few weeks?