Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

Default I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

This does not look good for the Chiefies...so many issues, where to begin? I know it is the preseason, but there were many of the same problems surfacing last year.

They cant get off the field on 3rd down. They continually allow first downs time after time when they need stops on 3rd down. Last nights 3rd and 19 was particularly pathetic.

Offensive play calling is bad so far in the preseason, I know it is just preseason but it looks pathetic. It wasnt really all that great last year. There is no rythem. Their 2 best drives were in the Ravens game in a hurry-up.

Defense gets gashed on the runs plenty last year and short passing defense they just get torched. 5 yards here and there allows other teams to just march up and down the field.

No way am I even close to being sold on Cassel. He has shown very little to make me think he can lead this team to a Championship. He cant get out of trouble, his arm is average and his accuracy is barely above average. I cant really think of any time he has led the team down the field when they really needed a score. 31st ranked passing offense last year - that blows some major goat.

The O-line never looks dominant, more like barely adequate...then they let Waters go? WTF? Charles' quickness and the pathetic schedule is the only reason we finished 1st in rushing. Texan and Jags were the two worst, not to mention the Donkeys, Colts and Cardinals being dreadful on D. I forsee many sacks for the QB this year.

Lets face it...they did not beat a single good team last year. The first game the weather helped them a great deal, as did the Chargers poor special teams and a few great returns from the Chiefs. Rivers would win that game at the end 9 times out of 10, IMHO. What was their best win? At Seattle?? Not cool. Not cool at all. The Colts were the ONLY legitimate playoff team they even played.

I want to be optimistic, but I will take any bets that the chiefs even win 8 games. I think the final tally will be 6-10. I hate to say it, but unless they really take a HUGE step forward, Haley and Cassel should be considered for removal prior to 2012.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Guys, we have an extremely winnable next eight games. Detroit, SD twice, Indy, Minny, Oakland, Denver, Miami. SD is the only team that's remotely tough, and they usually start slow.

I mean, Haley is proving game-by-game that he isn't the answer, but we have enough talent on both sides of the ball that it's way too early to panic.

detroit is not a push over i hate to tell you.san diego is also very good so don't be so confident about winning the next several games as easily

all i am going to say about this is that if this game is indicative of how our CHIEFS team plays then i see only one team on our schedule that we can beat, denver. however it was only the first game, it started badly w/the fumble and then went downhill from there. i will wait till the next game before i start building the gallows and pushing the big red button!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I'm really dissapointed in how Chiefs played yesterday. I think it was just poor pre-season planning. Now we will see if Haley is good or not, if he can make those needed changes or if he will breakdown and stay the same way.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I'm dreading those primetime games now.

Maybe we should enter the Andrew Luck sweepstakes? I'm an inch away from the 'Cut Cassel' button. I think I'd actually be remotely ok with starting Stanzi all year, finishing 1-15 and drafting Luck.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Meh. I lived through the Frank Ganz and Gunther Cunningham coaching eras... This is a minor bump.

I mean, we have some guys who could turn out to be amazing in the trenches in the next couple years- Asamoah, Hudson, Jerell Powe. But we need to continue to surround them with decent players. I think Dorsey is one, I'm not so sure about Tyson (but we'll see).

I think with Hali, Houston, and DJ, we are missing one more kick butt ILB (Is it Siler? Maybe), But there is a lot of talent on our team, so let's hope this coaching staff can utilize it.

Let's see how the season progresses- we might be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Meh. I lived through the Frank Ganz and Gunther Cunningham coaching eras... This is a minor bump.

I mean, we have some guys who could turn out to be amazing in the trenches in the next couple years- Asamoah, Hudson, Jerell Powe. But we need to continue to surround them with decent players. I think Dorsey is one, I'm not so sure about Tyson (but we'll see).

I think with Hali, Houston, and DJ, we are missing one more kick butt ILB (Is it Siler? Maybe), But there is a lot of talent on our team, so let's hope this coaching staff can utilize it.

Let's see how the season progresses- we might be pleasantly surprised.
    Good post reply, and I hope you're right that we are pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Guys, we have an extremely winnable next eight games. Detroit, SD twice, Indy, Minny, Oakland, Denver, Miami. SD is the only team that's remotely tough, and they usually start slow.

I mean, Haley is proving game-by-game that he isn't the answer, but we have enough talent on both sides of the ball that it's way too early to panic.
    SD- Is always the better team, and Rivers will have a fun time against our team without a strong secondary

Det- They got better and that D line will probably **** with our O line

Indy- maybe since they don't have manning but they still have the talent

Miami- depends on Henne and if we want to show up

Minn- AP ......that is all

Oak and Den- we always split games

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    SD- Is always the better team, and Rivers will have a fun time against our team without a strong secondary
    Flowers, Carr, and Kendrick Lewis are good, but you're right that supplemented by Piscatelli and McGraw, it's not the strongest part of the D. We simply have to cover the TE against them. And if we fluster Rivers early with Hali and Houston, it could spell trouble for them.

Det- They got better and that D line will probably **** with our O line
    I still think this is a winnable game. They do have a D-line, but if planned for, that can be worked around.

Indy- maybe since they don't have manning but they still have the talent
    Without Manning, they are not nearly as good.

Miami- depends on Henne and if we want to show up
    I think nearly every game depends on whether we show up or not. Maybe we will be hyped because of facing LJ.

Minn- AP ......that is all
    That is not all- he's one guy.

Oak and Den- we always split games
    Yes, and it's annoying as hell.

I hurt! Just feed me by Saturday I will be ready!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast