Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

Default I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

This does not look good for the Chiefies...so many issues, where to begin? I know it is the preseason, but there were many of the same problems surfacing last year.

They cant get off the field on 3rd down. They continually allow first downs time after time when they need stops on 3rd down. Last nights 3rd and 19 was particularly pathetic.

Offensive play calling is bad so far in the preseason, I know it is just preseason but it looks pathetic. It wasnt really all that great last year. There is no rythem. Their 2 best drives were in the Ravens game in a hurry-up.

Defense gets gashed on the runs plenty last year and short passing defense they just get torched. 5 yards here and there allows other teams to just march up and down the field.

No way am I even close to being sold on Cassel. He has shown very little to make me think he can lead this team to a Championship. He cant get out of trouble, his arm is average and his accuracy is barely above average. I cant really think of any time he has led the team down the field when they really needed a score. 31st ranked passing offense last year - that blows some major goat.

The O-line never looks dominant, more like barely adequate...then they let Waters go? WTF? Charles' quickness and the pathetic schedule is the only reason we finished 1st in rushing. Texan and Jags were the two worst, not to mention the Donkeys, Colts and Cardinals being dreadful on D. I forsee many sacks for the QB this year.

Lets face it...they did not beat a single good team last year. The first game the weather helped them a great deal, as did the Chargers poor special teams and a few great returns from the Chiefs. Rivers would win that game at the end 9 times out of 10, IMHO. What was their best win? At Seattle?? Not cool. Not cool at all. The Colts were the ONLY legitimate playoff team they even played.

I want to be optimistic, but I will take any bets that the chiefs even win 8 games. I think the final tally will be 6-10. I hate to say it, but unless they really take a HUGE step forward, Haley and Cassel should be considered for removal prior to 2012.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

what kind of offensive plays will be used in the last preseason game? I think they will keep it vanilla. Haley don't wanna show good plays, for what? winning preseason games? showing defenses where to play? keep fans happy? fans are happy with season wins, a lot of those make happier fans.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I'd feel better if the starting O could cross the goal line.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I'd feel better if the starting O could cross the goal line.
    I will feel better when the starting Offense does indeed cross the goal line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I think people need to realize that it is just the preseason. In the preseason you can go 4-0 but finish 0-16 in the regular season. If we fall flat our first game then hit the panic button but until then I wouldn't worry.
    Well we fell flat our first game so you can officially hit the panic button now

You are right I was positive but they got destroyed by a **** team...if it was Green Bay it would have been way worse...panic button officially pushed this was a must win with their schedule...its over plan for next year high draft pick

Guys, we have an extremely winnable next eight games. Detroit, SD twice, Indy, Minny, Oakland, Denver, Miami. SD is the only team that's remotely tough, and they usually start slow.

I mean, Haley is proving game-by-game that he isn't the answer, but we have enough talent on both sides of the ball that it's way too early to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Guys, we have an extremely winnable next eight games. Detroit, SD twice, Indy, Minny, Oakland, Denver, Miami. SD is the only team that's remotely tough, and they usually start slow.

I mean, Haley is proving game-by-game that he isn't the answer, but we have enough talent on both sides of the ball that it's way too early to panic.
    Are you sure you're jmlamerson?
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Are you sure you're jmlamerson?
    Um, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Um, yes?
    Sorry. I must be thinking of someone else.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Sorry. I must be thinking of someone else.
    I haven't been here in a couple years (out of the country). This Chiefs game is actually the first football game I've seen on a television (as opposed to a laptop)in a very long time. It wasn't a good one to come back to.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast