Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

Default I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

This does not look good for the Chiefies...so many issues, where to begin? I know it is the preseason, but there were many of the same problems surfacing last year.

They cant get off the field on 3rd down. They continually allow first downs time after time when they need stops on 3rd down. Last nights 3rd and 19 was particularly pathetic.

Offensive play calling is bad so far in the preseason, I know it is just preseason but it looks pathetic. It wasnt really all that great last year. There is no rythem. Their 2 best drives were in the Ravens game in a hurry-up.

Defense gets gashed on the runs plenty last year and short passing defense they just get torched. 5 yards here and there allows other teams to just march up and down the field.

No way am I even close to being sold on Cassel. He has shown very little to make me think he can lead this team to a Championship. He cant get out of trouble, his arm is average and his accuracy is barely above average. I cant really think of any time he has led the team down the field when they really needed a score. 31st ranked passing offense last year - that blows some major goat.

The O-line never looks dominant, more like barely adequate...then they let Waters go? WTF? Charles' quickness and the pathetic schedule is the only reason we finished 1st in rushing. Texan and Jags were the two worst, not to mention the Donkeys, Colts and Cardinals being dreadful on D. I forsee many sacks for the QB this year.

Lets face it...they did not beat a single good team last year. The first game the weather helped them a great deal, as did the Chargers poor special teams and a few great returns from the Chiefs. Rivers would win that game at the end 9 times out of 10, IMHO. What was their best win? At Seattle?? Not cool. Not cool at all. The Colts were the ONLY legitimate playoff team they even played.

I want to be optimistic, but I will take any bets that the chiefs even win 8 games. I think the final tally will be 6-10. I hate to say it, but unless they really take a HUGE step forward, Haley and Cassel should be considered for removal prior to 2012.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

I'm not hitting the panic button just yet. Just got to rember that this is only the preseaon. We looked about the same as we do now last year in the preseason. There are some things that I am worried about. But I am not hitting the panic button just yet.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Put me down for a hundred we go 8-8 or better.

The colts are the only team that should be hitting the panic button.

Way to early yet. I figured our record would be worse than last years, but the team would improve, if that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Put me down for a hundred we go 8-8 or better.

The colts are the only team that should be hitting the panic button.

A-ight, I sir, will take your bet. Send me a message with your email and I will be in touch.

Step away from the big red button!

Repeat after me: "I (state your name)
    "I(syn) understand that there are more people to evaluate"(90 this year). "I(syn) understand that the NFL just came out of prolonged hibernation due to the lockout". "I(syn) understand that Haley has a plan and it includes to not get anyone hurt". "I (syn) understand it is only preseason and things are more vanilla than the center of a Klondike bar"

repeat several times

At some point though, they need to show that scoring is in the playbook, vanilla or not.

Anything less than 10-6 will be devastating. The offensive line continues to be the biggest problem, but with the spread offense that Haley has developed, I'm hoping it keeps the better defenses from crushing us. I am puzzled why Haley and Pioli so neglected the O line. If they haven't sand-bagged this preseason, well, it may be a very long and painful season. I hope they have some secret plan that they are keeping close to the vest, because I am getting a little nervous-nowhere near panic yet.

Biggest issues I see is the O-line doesn't look dominate and the RB's are horrible at picking up the blitz. As well as the same issue as last year, Chiefs blitzing is WEAK! Seems like it gets picked up VERY easily by the other team.

As far as Cassel, he hasn't really gotten very many throws in yet so far. Teams are blitzing him the entire time, and well, like I stated above, the Chiefs line is getting dominated.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

They will be OK! You haven't seen any of the real play calling yet. The defense on the first 2 drives go their asses handed to them I agree, and that needs looked at hard. But for the rest, you can't draw conclusions yet. I would enjoy seeing us be able to stop a f'n slant pass, I'll give you that!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Step away from the big red button!

Repeat after me: "I (state your name)
    "I(syn) understand that there are more people to evaluate"(90 this year). "I(syn) understand that the NFL just came out of prolonged hibernation due to the lockout". "I(syn) understand that Haley has a plan and it includes to not get anyone hurt". "I (syn) understand it is only preseason and things are more vanilla than the center of a Klondike bar"

Word...I hear ya, I just see many of the same issues that plauged us last year, and they look like a 2-14 team so far in the preseason

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast