Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

Default I'm officially hitting the panic button...anyone else?

This does not look good for the Chiefies...so many issues, where to begin? I know it is the preseason, but there were many of the same problems surfacing last year.

They cant get off the field on 3rd down. They continually allow first downs time after time when they need stops on 3rd down. Last nights 3rd and 19 was particularly pathetic.

Offensive play calling is bad so far in the preseason, I know it is just preseason but it looks pathetic. It wasnt really all that great last year. There is no rythem. Their 2 best drives were in the Ravens game in a hurry-up.

Defense gets gashed on the runs plenty last year and short passing defense they just get torched. 5 yards here and there allows other teams to just march up and down the field.

No way am I even close to being sold on Cassel. He has shown very little to make me think he can lead this team to a Championship. He cant get out of trouble, his arm is average and his accuracy is barely above average. I cant really think of any time he has led the team down the field when they really needed a score. 31st ranked passing offense last year - that blows some major goat.

The O-line never looks dominant, more like barely adequate...then they let Waters go? WTF? Charles' quickness and the pathetic schedule is the only reason we finished 1st in rushing. Texan and Jags were the two worst, not to mention the Donkeys, Colts and Cardinals being dreadful on D. I forsee many sacks for the QB this year.

Lets face it...they did not beat a single good team last year. The first game the weather helped them a great deal, as did the Chargers poor special teams and a few great returns from the Chiefs. Rivers would win that game at the end 9 times out of 10, IMHO. What was their best win? At Seattle?? Not cool. Not cool at all. The Colts were the ONLY legitimate playoff team they even played.

I want to be optimistic, but I will take any bets that the chiefs even win 8 games. I think the final tally will be 6-10. I hate to say it, but unless they really take a HUGE step forward, Haley and Cassel should be considered for removal prior to 2012.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Ok, ok...I like y'alls enthusiasm! I guess we will have to revisit this after about week 4 or 5. Either I will eat my words (hopefully), or the Chiefs will be bad and we will be sad

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    Ok, ok...I like y'alls enthusiasm! I guess we will have to revisit this after about week 4 or 5. Either I will eat my words (hopefully), or the Chiefs will be bad and we will be sad

Cheers!
    In this case I would think that crow would taste oh so sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    In this case I would think that crow would taste oh so sweet.
    Hopefully like 5-0 sweet, Reece's Pieces dipped in molten Hershey's coated with Nerds and sprinkled with the magic fairy sour dust that Comes on Sour Patch Kids?

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    Hopefully like 5-0 sweet, Reece's Pieces dipped in molten Hershey's coated with Nerds and sprinkled with the magic fairy sour dust that Comes on Sour Patch Kids?

I'd feel some sort of compulsion to make the same claims in this thread if the OP wasn't the same regurgitated crap from every single post preseason game thread on here.

Mr panic-ey button hitter-er person go ahead and hit your panic button because you've got larger problems than the distraction of NFL football (like diminished logic).

The last head coach we had who worried about winning preseason games was Herm. That should be the only thing you really need to know. Haley isn't going to give anything away in the preseason. The only valuable tape our opponent in week1 will have on us will be from last year.

Apparently all part of Haley's plan......

Camp Report: Chiefs Practices Enter Regular Season Mode
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Let's hope "regular season mode" is more effective

I'm sure it will be.

I'd hope that includes a full half with the starters. We have an early bye week after five games, and nine days between games until the home opener. We have clearly gone against the grain this "offseason" so something new for game four doesnt seem irrational.

At this point it appears the guys are in at least 90-95% football shape, and we clearly need to gel as a team some more. Give the guys on the bubble the second half to show if they have the "it" factor and call it good.

I think the Chiefs will be physically prepared for sure. I am more worried about them being mentally prepared.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    I am more worried about them being mentally prepared.
    Or puking in trash cans...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast