Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cassel

Default Cassel

This is the EXACT thoughts I was having before I went to NFL.com and saw this article.......

"Matt Cassel is struggling behind the Chiefs' leaky offensive line. The Chiefs' franchise quarterback has looked nothing like the efficient playmaker who guided Kansas City to a division title last season. He's completed only 12 of 27 passes for 182 yards in two preseason games, and failed to find a rhythm.

Part of his struggles can be attributed to the Chiefs' offensive line woes. The unit has failed to protect Cassel, whose accuracy has suffered amid constant harassment. Cassel completed only two passes to receivers in the loss to the Rams, resorting to a host of dump-off passes as defenders clamped down on deeper targets all night.

The offensive line's struggles have also limited the impact of the Chiefs' running game. Without a punishing ground attack to set up the timing of the play-action passing game, Cassel has been unable to push the ball downfield to Tony Moeaki and especially Dwayne Bowe. The duo made a living off deep throws executed off run-action last season, but those opportunities have been relatively nonexistent during the preseason."

NFL.com news: Chiefs QB Cassel hurried, out of sorts behind porous line
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

sholda never let Waters go...

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Awww the start of all the QB debate.

I'm not really worried about cassel to much. The Chiefs have not really been trying to win games this preseason from what I can tell. Just look at some of the playcalls that I don't think would have been called in a real game. (Like the run on 3rd and 11 in the 4th lastnight) Haley is treating preseason like pratice. Will it work out? I hope so. We will have to see. But I am not worried about Cassel. The guy was GREAT last season.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Yawn....every pre-season

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Yawn....every pre-season
    I agree. I'll wait till the regular season. With the abbreviated off season due to the lockout I think the coaching staff is conducting business a little different this time and mainly focusing on the 2nd and 3rd stringers to see who makes the team. But, I am glad we have Buffalo for our first game, that should help us to get the starters in sync.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Meh.

If the Chiefs don't win the first 2 games and Cassel performs poorly, THEN I will start to worry.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I think Cassel looks good out there other than the OL not blocking very well. He made some great throws..
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    If the Chiefs don't win the first 2 games and Cassel performs poorly, THEN I will start to worry.
    I don't know about the first 2 weeks...If the Chiefs lose to the Bills at home week 1, I'll be worried.

I try to base how I feel on the last two preseason games off each season. Win or lose I really dont care. But the fact is the game vs the Rams, well things didn't look too good imho. If this is more like a practice then it's not looking very good. We have a lot to prove after last season and we have to start strong. It's a team effort and everyone has to step up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast