Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 season predictions

Default 2011 season predictions

Alright. All four preseason games are on the record. Time to make our predictions for The Chiefs' 2011 season.

Myself, I am going with 5-11.

I know. That sucks.

But I really think that our O-line will struggle with the absence of Brian Waters.

We acquired Gaither, and I hope he works out well.

But I absolutely have my doubts at this point.

The defense may struggle early on. And struggling early, with this schedule, may well seal our fate for the year.

But the offense is the real question mark for me.

I think Charles is the real deal. But I think we will be slow out of the gates, in a season where we can ill afford to start slow.

I do, however, reserve the right to backtrack on this prediction, should we make it through the first four games with a winning record.

10-6 Anything less will be a massive disappointment. If we lose anymore than that, then we are back to square one and all the rebuilding the last 2 years means almost nothing and that there has been a very bad team building plan. I am still optimistic that we can pull off a great season, but am not confident enough to say we are better than last year.

12-4

Sun, Sep 11 vs Buffalo W
    This should be an easy win.

Sun, Sep 18 @ Detroit W
    Detroit is better this year and their front 7 could give our run game problems, but I think we can attack their secondary. The Lions are still a year or 2 away from being a contender.

Sun, Sep 25 @ San Diego L
    Tough road game for Chiefs

Sun, Oct 2 vs Minnesota W
    This should be an easy win.

Sun, Oct 9 @ Indianapolis L
    This all depends on if Manning's neck is Okay by then. If he's out or playing hurt, Chiefs could steal a win.

Sun, Oct 23 @ Oakland W
    Could go either way, but I expect the Raiders to start out the season slowly and/or self destruct.

Mon, Oct 31 vs San Diego W
    Chiefs "bring it" at home on the National stage.

Sun, Nov 6 vs Miami W
    (See Detroit game)

Sun, Nov 13 vs Denver W
    Tebow may be starting at this point but it won't make any difference.

Mon, Nov 21 @ New England L
    The Patriots are tough to beat at home, especially in prime time.

Sun, Nov 27 vs Pittsburgh L
    Another game that could go either way, but I don't see the Chiefs going 8-0 in Arrowhead.

Sun, Dec 4 @ Chicago L
    If this were a home game, I would probably take the Chiefs. Unfortunately, It's not. The Bears don't lose much in Soldier Field in December.

Sun, Dec 11 @ Jets W (upset)
    The Jets were over-rated last year (They got creamed by my Bears.) and they will be over-rated this year.

Sun, Dec 18 vs Green Bay L
    Super Bowl winners almost always have a let down the following year, so I hope I'm wrong about this one.

Sat, Dec 24 vs Oakland W
    It's Oakland!

Sun, Jan 1 @ Denver W
    It's Denver!

So ... my prediction is 10-6, but I think they will be a better 10-6 team than last year. They have a tough schedule and play the best 2 NFC North teams (Green Bay and Chicago) and the best 2 AFC East teams (New England and NY Jets) on the road. That sucks. But they will probably win 2 games they should lose and lose 2 games they should win. My worst case scenario is 7-9 and best case 11-5. I'm comfortable with 10-6.

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Couldnt agree more Chief31... The fact that we couldnt beat the second/third string packers is atrocious. I mean my god none of their good defensive players were playing. It was the guys that wont even make the roster.
    5 turnovers is VERY rare for the Chiefs. Not to mention Cassel wasn't the QB for over half the game.

Am I only the only one that sees that? LOL

8-8 at worst
    10-6 at best

And I do believe 8-8 could be good enough to win the division with the schedule the AFC West has.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I think we will be better then 5-11. Last night was a bad very disappointing night to see what they did on the field. But it was just preseason. Things are not the same as they will be for a real game.
    I don't think that we will be 10-6 again based on what I have seen but I think we will be ok. I see between 7-9 wins.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

God I can't wait for people that are saying 5-11 to eat their dam hats...are you for real?? I don't have blinders on but only 5 wins you guys are a joke are you sure you are really not closet Bolt fans

the chiefs do not have the talent to beat the top teams this year.i don't care what you say about the preseason,winning or losing it dosen't matter but we looked totally horrible on both sides of the ball.we are set for an easy 3rd place finish and don't be surprised if we get embarrased in a couple games this year.there is going to be a lot of *****ing after every game so just be prepared for it.i myself will still be rooting hard for our chiefs and going to the games but its not looking pretty.i hope they prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    8-8 are you nuts? We will split with denver and oakland, i dont see us beating SD, Sd has a lot of talent. At detroit thats a loss, you see what detroit did to NE last weekend? at jets, packers, at bears, at jets, at indy, at ne all losses
    I laughed out loud when I read the bold part! The Lions would be Super bowl champs if they just played preseason games. Here are their records for the last 4 seasons:

2008 preseason: 4-0; regular season: 0-16
    2009 preseason: 3-1; regular season: 2-14
    2010 preseason: 3-1; regular season: 6-10
    2011 preseason: 4-0; regular season: ??

14-2 over the last 4 preseasons and 8-40 over the last 3 regular seasons. By contrast the Patriots are 7-9 over the last 4 preseasons and 35-13 over the last 3 regular seasons. The Colts? 3-14 pre and 36-12 reg.

Everybody says they know that the preseason doesn't matter and then they base their judgments on how good teams are on preseason games.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.

My Prediction?

Another OUTSTANDING year of Chiefs football. Good or bad, win or lose, I am going to be sitting on my couch, eating goodies and screaming for the team, or at the team!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast