Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need luck on our side...

Default We need luck on our side...

I can honestly say that I could not be any more disappointed with this situation...

Adam Teicher Reports Tyler Palko Told To 'Be Ready To Play Sunday' - Arrowhead Pride

Maybe I'm alone here but two things: One I think Cassell will play he's a tough SOB, and number two I don't see why everyone hates on Palko I see potential in him, he's still young and sometimes he looks good, he just needs to be more consistent (which is coachable).

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Maybe I'm alone here but two things: One I think Cassell will play he's a tough SOB, and number two I don't see why everyone hates on Palko I see potential in him, he's still young and sometimes he looks good, he just needs to be more consistent (which is coachable).
    Its not hating on Palko as much as wanting a proven QB lead us to a win. We simply cannot afford to lose this game.

But I have to say... If our D plays lights out I believe we have this on lock. We will simply control the clock with the run and check downs.

Anyone remember when Trent Green went down early in 1999 and a guy who had been packing groceries 8 weeks earlier took over? Good thing for us cause he came here, but great news for St Louis when Werner went all the way. I am not worried. I am feeling good about our team. I don't think last year was a fluke. We have a well-rounded team. A little adversity will make us stronger. I, too, hope Cassell plays. I am not, however, too worried if he doesn't.

I've got nothing against Palko. I just don't think he is ready to be a starter yet. If he winds up having to be our starter he will have my full support. It's not like we have much behind him.

I agree. I like what I have seen out of Palko, considering the circumstances.

But I certainly wouldn't feel confident with him starting....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

Fortunately our first game is against Buffalo so even if Palko starts we should be alright.
    You will recall that last year at Arrowhead, Fubbalo (with regards to Canada)took us to overtime. Had it not been for a time out called, their field goal would have won it. As it was he missed the second attempt.

I keep seeing posts that it is "only Fubbalo". Like it or not, Fubbalo is on the rise, and Chan(whom Haley sent packing) would love nothing better than to beat us at home. Do not take this or any other team lightly.

My own confidence level in Palko is lower than it was with Croyle. Palko can scramble, which right now looks like a good thing. He cannot be throwing ANY picks! Which is what happens when you throw off of your back foot.(see GB game on the pick 6)

I agree, you can't take any team lightly in the NFL but ESPN has them ranked 31st in the power rankings ahead of only the Bengals. I don't take ESPN's rankings too seriously, but the Bills certainly aren't one of the elite teams. They should be one of the easier teams on our schedule and having them at Arrowhead is certainly a plus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12