Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Haley says he thinks cassel will start week 1

Default Haley says he thinks cassel will start week 1

If he was smart he'd float a rumor that the starting QB is Palko.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Unless of course the starting QB is Palko and what he said about Cassell is in fact a smoke screen.

I'm really not sure of what the hand-wringing is about in some of the Cassel threads. Yes the O line is shaky, but with the receivers and RBs we have, even a rookie could succeed. Example: Run-4 yds, Dump pass-3 yds, Run-6 yds, Pass-10 yds. If you follow where I'm going, you don't need an MVP, just a guy who can keep from throwing INTs. This is how our offense is now built. We have the skill players to take the pressure off the QB and O line.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Unless of course the starting QB is Palko and what he said about Cassell is in fact a smoke screen.
    HA! Good point. Although I don't really see that particular smoke screen playing out in our favor too much.

Maybe our smoke screen is in fact a larger smoke screen and we want Buffalo to think we're thinking about starting Palko by saying we're starting Cassel with cleary no intention of starting Cassel and playing Palko but really we will start Cassel. My head just exploded...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    OR...start a rumor the starter is as always, Cassel, then minutes before kickoff announce it will be Palko!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I hadn't read all replies prior to my comment, obviously we think alike, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Maybe our smoke screen is in fact a larger smoke screen and we want Buffalo to think we're thinking about starting Palko by saying we're starting Cassel with cleary no intention of starting Cassel and playing Palko but really we will start Cassel. My head just exploded...
    I think my head thinks it just exploded also, or at least is thinking about thinking it might explode!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

What scares me is if something happened to Cassel, like a season ending injury, I'm not sure we win a game with Palko. He just isn't good.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    What scares me is if something happened to Cassel, like a season ending injury, I'm not sure we win a game with Palko. He just isn't good.
    I don't know about wouldn't win a single game. If we're in the tail end of the season maybe. But playing against Denver...really? Palko isn't the best QB but c'mon, surely we could put up a W against Denver with him behind the helm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast