Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need luck on our side...

Default We need luck on our side...

I can honestly say that I could not be any more disappointed with this situation...

Adam Teicher Reports Tyler Palko Told To 'Be Ready To Play Sunday' - Arrowhead Pride

I mean the more I sit with this the more I get sick... This preseason was all wrong in every way. It is so important that we win this game and come out strong with our schedule.

I know injuries can happen at any time... but my god this pisses me off to a whole new level.

That article says Palko was told that right after the last preseason game. What was he told as of RIGHT NOW?
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

So far we don't really know the extent of his injury. 610 sports host Nick Wright tweeted that he has a cracked rib, but how does he know? KC Star columnist Adam Tiecher only reports that he has a "rib injury."

This could be the Chiefs just trying to keep the Bills guessing so they have to game plan for both Cassel and Palko. My guess is that it is nothing serious and Cassel will at least start.

It looked like he hurt his left side so it might not affect his throwing the ball.

A few months ago I bruised or cracked a rib trying to lift a pregnant pit bull over a windowsill (don't ask). I never had it x-rayed because you can't put a rib in a cast, so I don't know if it was actually cracked or not. I do know that it hurt like hell when I lied on my right side, but I barely felt anything when I lied on my left side. I couldn't do any very heavy lifting for a few weeks, but other than that it didn't really affect me. It just hurt. Of course I wasn't being tackled by 300+ pound linemen, but plenty of QBs have played with cracked ribs.

Fortunately our first game is against Buffalo so even if Palko starts we should be alright.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 09-04-2011 at 10:29 PM.

I heard Cassel out for the first game.. Damnit, things are not going the way I want to them this season

Palko... I almost wish we had Croyle in stead

The Chiefs are tight lipped when it comes to giving out info. regarding injuries. So, we won't know anything until the last moment. But, my guess is unless Cassell is significantly injured he'll play.
    Keeping my britches between the ditches! :character00182:

Cassel played last year something like 10 days after appendix surgery. QBs have played with cracked or broken ribs with a flack jacket on many times.

If Cassel in fact has a cracked or even broken rib I would still be sincerely surprised to see him on the sidelines. I think it might cause a change in the offensive scheme for the game, but I think you would have to tie him up to keep him out of the game.

Like him or hate him, Cassel is no wuss.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Cassel played last year something like 10 days after appendix surgery. QBs have played with cracked or broken ribs with a flack jacket on many times.

If Cassel in fact has a cracked or even broken rib I would still be sincerely surprised to see him on the sidelines. I think it might cause a change in the offensive scheme for the game, but I think you would have to tie him up to keep him out of the game.

Like him or hate him, Cassel is no wuss.
    My thoughts exactly! And he's got another week of rest to go.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    My thoughts exactly! And he's got another week of rest to go.
    He is going to have had 2 weeks rest and recovery time from the injury. More than he had from the appendix. And I can tell you I would not have wanted to have played football 10 days after my appendix operation. Not even touch football.

Unless the injury is FAR more serious than we have been told, he is going to WANT to play.

In my mind, if Cassel doesn't start against Buffalo then that indicates he is FAR more seriously injured than anyone has suggested and if that is the case then we are in a world of hurt.

Unless the team Docs forbid it, put a flack jacket on him, run an offense that is mostly run oriented (like we did in the early part of last season), tell the O-Line that its time to show just how good they are and tell Cassel that when he does pass if he even thinks he might be in trouble to throw the ball away and hit the dirt.

If the problem is truly a cracked or broken rib he can tough his way through it at least through the early (and easier) part of the schedule. If when we get to the tougher stretch of the season we are not seriously in contention and he is still hurting then pull him and let him heal for next year.

All else aside, I hope Palko gets a LOT of work this week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast