Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Garrard cut

I wouldnt mind seeing us bring him in as a backup. But I bet he wants to be the starter.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

this screams RAIDERS...

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    this screams RAIDERS...
    You could be right!

Rrrrrring! "hello?"
    " Mr, Gerrard?"
    "yes.."
    "It's Al Davis of the Raduhs, I hear ya lookin' for woik"(east coast accent?)
    "ummm sure, what do you have in mind?"
    "Well, about that 8 mil...Can't do it. I'm a little short this season. I've got more cap space between my ears, would you consider playing for the mini...click!

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Is that as long as no one signs him before the first game? just curious.
    Nope, once he's cut, his contract is null and void (minus any guaranteed money JAX may owe him, they have to pay). Like I said, I don't think he is owed anything, but either way, KC would only be on the hook for whatever new contract they sign him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Nope, once he's cut, his contract is null and void (minus any guaranteed money JAX may owe him, they have to pay). Like I said, I don't think he is owed anything, but either way, KC would only be on the hook for whatever new contract they sign him to.
    thanks!

I don't know about Garrard. The times I've watched him play I saw a guy with happy feet as John Madden would say. Never planting to make a throw, always seemed nervous and out of step. I saw him in all of about 4 games, so it may not be the fairest assessment, but even from everything I've been reading, he is one of those "almost" QB's. He is almost really good at a lot, but never masters anything. Instead he plays well enough for coaches to give him a shot, but then never excels. Could be the teams he was with, but I don't know. He didn't get cut for a rookie just because of the salary cap. Del Rio has been told that this is the season that determines his fate.

how fast a QB can learn a new playbook?
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Jacksonville, like KC, plays a short-gain, West Coast offense. It would be a very short learning curve.

I think we should consider our options here.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

are you guys serious. this guy sucks. he got cut cuz he through 3 interceptions in practice monday and players said it was the worst practice they ever had. why would we want a reject from a team that sucks. He sucks. i would take palko over him anyday. he got bench last year as well and only got his job back cuz mcown had a season ending injury. he had one good year. i doubt anyteam will sign him anytime soon. i wouldnt sign him as a 3rd stringer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast