Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: NFL Power Rankings: Kansas City Chiefs Get Biggest Dis from ESPN

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Someplace
    Posts
    1,261
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 120

    Default NFL Power Rankings: Kansas City Chiefs Get Biggest Dis from ESPN


    0 Not allowed!
    NFL Power Rankings: Kansas City Chiefs Get Biggest Dis from ESPN

    If There was a Team Who Got Snubbed, it was the Chiefs

    When ESPN released their preseason 2011 NFL Power Rankings, the Kansas City Chiefs were ranked No. 14.

    They were the second lowest division champion only to Seattle, but by comparison for 2011, Seahawks haven't improved like the Chiefs.

    Despite finishing with an 11-5 record, winning the AFC West for the first time since 2003, and having the game's best ground attack, it apparently wasn't enough to garner any respect.

    Even division rival San Diego was ranked in front, and they only finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

    Other teams ranked in front of them are the New York Giants and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, both of which also missed the postseason in 2010.

    Then you have the injury stricken Indianapolis Colts, who have a QB in Peyton Manning who's underwent two neck surgeries in his career, and hasn't played in the preseason.

    Not to mention all their other injuries, and the skeptical defense they possess.

    As for the Chiefs?

    Well, although K.C. finished ranked No. 30 in passing, QB Matt Cassel still earned a Pro Bowl selection by throwing for over 3.100 yards, with 27 TDs and only seven picks.

    And for this season?

    Well, they have boosted the receiving core with slot man Steve Breaston (from the Cardinals), and rookie Jonathan Baldwin (despite attitude problems, still has a lot of talent).

    Defensively they may be just as good.

    Eric Berry has a year under his belt with Brandon Flowers in the secondary, while LB Derrick Johnson and DL Glenn Dorsey lead the front seven.

    Not to mention there's rookie LB Justin Houston from Georgia, and young veteran Andy Studebaker at OLB.

    In addition, Dexter McCluster is one of the game's best return men, as is Javier Arenas.

    This season the Chiefs are a more all-encompassed franchise, and have no business not winning the AFC West.

    Obviously all that remains to be seen, however, for what they accomplished last season, and for how they improved this offseason, Kansas City deserves to be ranked higher than mediocre.
    Here's the link to the article:
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8...-dis-from-espn

  2. #11
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,374
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 335
    Given: 72

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    What killed the Chargers last year was partly turnovers. Only 8 teams had a worse takeaway/giveaway ratio. But it was mostly special teams. They were terrible, and ST has a huge effect on the game. It's partly because they usually had such bad field position, that they were able to put up so many yards.

    With the new rule pretty much eliminating kick returns, it helps level the playing field for the Chargers. But they do have a very difficult schedule and have a tendency to always start out slow.

    Hopefully that trend will continue and the Chiefs can get a bit of a lead on them early to carry us through the toughest part of our schedule.

    That's a big reason that we were able to get the divison last season. The chargers start slow we got them week 1. They lost early to a couple teams in the NFC west (weak teams)

    The media love the Chargers and for some reason some are on the Faiders ban wagon. The Chiefs despite winning the divison get no love. They are seen as a team that only won because of the weak schedule blah blah blah. Not many point out that the Chargers went 2-2 against the WORST DIVISON IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL and we went 4-0. The Chargers have a big name at QB so of course they get the love from the media. I say the Chiefs just go out and go 19-0 win the superbowl and FORCE the media to give them some love whos with me.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, they had won the division four straight years prior to last season, when they had the number one offense and defense in The NFL.

    Pretty easy to chalk-up 2010 to a major underachievement.

    The team didn't really lose a whole lot, and all of their divisional competition (Chiefs included) have yet to prove that they are at the same level.

    Should The Chiefs, or The Raiders be as competitive as they were last season, then I think they will start to be taken as seriously as The Chargers, by the masses.

    The general view of The Chiefs is going to be a team that benefited from The Chargers' mishaps, more than a team that proved themselves as a real force in The AFC West.

    But, when you have last season's top rated defense, and the top rated offense, as well as having won the division for four consecutive years prior.... I think it's pretty reasonable to expect big things from you.


    Chief31 and I disagree on a lot of thigns, but when it comes to football we agree a lot. I agree with him here. We might want to say that we are better than San Diego and we may be, but we are never going to get that respect until we prove it.

    San Diego is a proven commodity and with Rivers at quarterback they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,900
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That's a big reason that we were able to get the divison last season. The chargers start slow we got them week 1. They lost early to a couple teams in the NFC west (weak teams)

    The media love the Chargers and for some reason some are on the Faiders ban wagon. The Chiefs despite winning the divison get no love. They are seen as a team that only won because of the weak schedule blah blah blah. Not many point out that the Chargers went 2-2 against the WORST DIVISON IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL and we went 4-0. The Chargers have a big name at QB so of course they get the love from the media. I say the Chiefs just go out and go 19-0 win the superbowl and FORCE the media to give them some love whos with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Chief31 and I disagree on a lot of thigns, but when it comes to football we agree a lot. I agree with him here. We might want to say that we are better than San Diego and we may be, but we are never going to get that respect until we prove it.

    San Diego is a proven commodity and with Rivers at quarterback they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt.
    I say disrespect us all ya want, every day, out loud; fuel that fire!


  5. #14
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Chief31 and I disagree on a lot of thigns, but when it comes to football we agree a lot. I agree with him here. We might want to say that we are better than San Diego and we may be, but we are never going to get that respect until we prove it.

    San Diego is a proven commodity and with Rivers at quarterback they are always going to get the benefit of the doubt.
    BAH!

    We don't disagree on much.

    Just eveything not football.

  6. #15
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    1,195
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Rivers sucks. I don't care what anyone says. Rivers is GOOD in games that don't "really matter". When it comes to the games that COUNT, he chokes. That's a fact!

    As long as SD has Rivers, they are going no where.

    As far as getting love from the media, what does every big named team have in common? A name branded QB. Chiefs have never really had one so therefore they will get no love.

    Who cares. I love being the underdog!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

    Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

  7. #16
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    10,594
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Remember, this is the same company that owns Disney... Can we take them that seriously, knowing that?
    LOL well said.

    But this is my facial expression to this:


  8. #17
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ALASKA
    Posts
    3,068
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Rivers sucks. I don't care what anyone says. Rivers is GOOD in games that don't "really matter". When it comes to the games that COUNT, he chokes. That's a fact!

    As long as SD has Rivers, they are going no where.

    As far as getting love from the media, what does every big named team have in common? A name branded QB. Chiefs have never really had one so therefore they will get no love.

    Who cares. I love being the underdog!
    Yeah it usually takes just a sack or two or a fumble and he's fuming at his team mates. The media calls that being "competitive". I call it as him being a crybaby sometimes.


  9. #18
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Miracle Valley, Az
    Posts
    899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Yeah it usually takes just a sack or two or a fumble and he's fuming at his team mates. The media calls that being "competitive". I call it as him being a crybaby sometimes.
    That is the point I have made many times. When he starts getting hit a little bit or his receivers drop a couple passes, he will start screaming at his team mates and totally lose his composure. He is the ultimate diva. Now it's true he has the skill to back up his diva status, but it's hard to keep a squad together in the toughest games (like the playoffs) when they know their diva is going to start going off on them when it gets tough. He has been the biggest key to their success and the biggest reason they can't get over the hump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Power Rankings for Playoff Chances: Chiefs Slip
    By ArmchairReport in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 03:15 PM
  2. NFL Playoff Power Rankings Week 9: Chiefs Slip?
    By ArmchairReport in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
  3. Power Rankings for Playoff Chances:Chiefs Look Good
    By ArmchairReport in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
  4. Kansas City power rank
    By timsatt1 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 05:21 PM
  5. ESPN Power Rankings
    By Three7s in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 10:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •