Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are We Expecting Too Much?

Default Are We Expecting Too Much?

Last year, in the week before the playoffs, Haley gave an interview where he was asked if the Chiefs had "over performed". He said they had certainly been far stronger than the media had expected. Then he said something that, at the time, got me sick and angry. He said we would be real contenders in 2-3 years, but if we made it ahead of schedule he'd be ecstatic. Could it be that last year, while not a fluke, was a result of some talented young guys getting it just right for a while, but needing more time to mature? I want to win a Super Bowl this year. Could our expectations be too high?

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Could it be that last year, while not a fluke, was a result of some talented young guys getting it just right for a while, but needing more time to mature? I want to win a Super Bowl this year. Could our expectations be too high?
    Yes. After watching the Buffalo game...Yeah I'd say a super bowl is a bit much to expect from this team.

Hats off to the Buffalo Bills. They came in, well prepared for a regular season NFL game, and spanked the team that didn't. And that's how good football is played.

As a Chiefs fan, I prefer to look at this as a chance to see if Haley can motivate his players and coaches to turn this around. Super bowl...yeah it'd be nice, but right now I'd settle for a team that shows up to be competetive like Buffalo did.

I think the Chiefs were a good team last year, but since they had a weak schedule, you really didn't know what to make of them. The Bills are a better team than they're given credit for, so I wouldn't look at this as a DISASTEROUS loss... they were just better prepared and took advantage of the opportunities presented them...

Do you think that Haley is right that we are 2-3 years from being a contending team? I really thought we were going to be a legitimate contender this year-and yes an outside shot at the Big Dance. With Berry gone for the season, I am now hoping to get 6 wins.

Are you still way below the cap$$?

$33 mil last I saw.

That's plenty of $$ to get a few decent FA's. Hard to do now though...

I expect to at minimum to atleast be competitive.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Last year, in the week before the playoffs, Haley gave an interview where he was asked if the Chiefs had "over performed". He said they had certainly been far stronger than the media had expected. Then he said something that, at the time, got me sick and angry. He said we would be real contenders in 2-3 years, but if we made it ahead of schedule he'd be ecstatic. Could it be that last year, while not a fluke, was a result of some talented young guys getting it just right for a while, but needing more time to mature? I want to win a Super Bowl this year. Could our expectations be too high?
    In my opinion, the simple answer is "yes".

I think the fans, and maybe the players, were over-confident.

And yesterday was a stiff reminder that this team is still under construction.

I am still quite disappointed at Weiss for not sticking with the program of building this team. And that may be the biggest reason why I lacked confidence in this team prior to the '11 season opener.

Hell, not finishing in the division basement might be asking too much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast