Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarterback disaster

Default Quarterback disaster

Cassell is worthless and will NEVER be a productive starting quarterback. Last year was a farce and I don't have any faith that Cassell will ever be able to lead this team to any sort of success. And he is only in the third year of a 6 year contract. It's looking grim for the Chiefs in the near future.

We'll see, but I'm more on the side of wait and see if this team can develop into the scheme and style it is attempting to be built into. As of now he fits the scheme but it is largely ineffective at times for the most part. What's missing... we'll have to hope it turns around for the better soon.

i fail to see how yesterday was Cassel's fault. All of our offensive weapons arent worth **** if the O-line cant give us at least 3 seconds of breathing room. You cant throw to receivers down field when they havent even gotten there yet by the time youre getting sacked.

Dont misunderstand this post as me praising Cassel, i do find him quite average myself. If you saw peyton manning or tom brady in his shoes, youd see both of those guys literally yelling at their players and their coaches if they had to, getting their team's **** together. Cassel just doesnt have that clout.

Cassel missed targets all day yesterday and does not scan the field. He's set on his target from the snap. Anytime he does throw downfield, he is way off. He doesn's give his receivers a chance to make big plays because he's not accurate. There were mistakes everywhere, but when you can't move the ball at all. The team has nothing to build on. Cassel and Hailey are to blame in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    Cassel missed targets all day yesterday and does not scan the field. He's set on his target from the snap. Anytime he does throw downfield, he is way off. He doesn's give his receivers a chance to make big plays because he's not accurate. There were mistakes everywhere, but when you can't move the ball at all. The team has nothing to build on. Cassel and Hailey are to blame in my opinion.
    We can all agree we needed to upgrade at the wr position but our offensive line is average at best. I saw the bills line in the backfield an awful lot. In fact Im pretty sure my brothers and I called six consecutive plays in a row and if I knew what we were gonna run you bet your a** the bills knew it was coming our LT's natural position isn't even LT,and to me that's where it starts. .....

There were the few times where Cassel had plenty of time and did nothing or even threw it away. Not sayiing what your saying isn't true.

Why does it seem that Cassel has so many passes knocked down? This is a comment I have made in the past, and no I am not bashing on our starting QB! I am just asking?

Cassel numbers were boosted because he played against bad teams last year. He excelled against bad pass D's and was average or below average against good pass D's teams

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Cassel numbers were boosted because he played against bad teams last year. He excelled against bad pass D's and was average or below average against good pass D's teams
    You ever think the reason he does well in some games is cuz he actually has TIME to throw the ball?

And in games where the O-line is absolutely horrible, his numbers are low?

It's football, not rocket science.

As for the short dump off passes, you guys ever think that that is what play is called?

Once again this year, teams are stacking the box and waiting for the run. Chiefs tried to switch it up and coming out passing. It failed miserably because the Bills stacked the box or blitzed, leading Cassel to not having much time to throw along with the O-line just sucking all game.

No time to throw = QB sucking

Look at Big Ben against the Ravens yesterday.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    There were the few times where Cassel had plenty of time and did nothing or even threw it away. Not sayiing what your saying isn't true.
    Because his receivers weren't open. The receivers were wearing the secondary tighter than their jock straps. But all you Cassel haters are right. He should have forced passes and had 10 interceptions and taken 20 sacks. Then he would have been "doing something". What part of NOBODY was doing anything to help him do people not get?

A breakdown of Cassel's numbers:

Passes completed behind the line of scrimmage: 7/7, 3 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT

Passes 0-9 Yards: 14/18 101 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Passes 10-19 yards: 1/5, 15 Yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Passes 20+ yards: 0/4, 0 Yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

His downfield accuracy has to get better, plain and simple. Why do you think Haley is calling 7 screen passes a game. The playcalling is bad too, but is it because they don't trust Cassel to throw the ball downfield?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast