Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quarterback disaster

Default Quarterback disaster

Cassell is worthless and will NEVER be a productive starting quarterback. Last year was a farce and I don't have any faith that Cassell will ever be able to lead this team to any sort of success. And he is only in the third year of a 6 year contract. It's looking grim for the Chiefs in the near future.

I disagree.

What exactly did Cassel do against the Bills they made you come to this conclusion?

From what I saw, he was one of the BEST players on the field yesterday!
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I wouldn't give up on Cassel after one bad game. Remember he was playing with a broken rib, too. He has proven he can be a good QB with a good team around him. Last year he passed for 3116 yds with 27 TDs 7 ints and a 03 passer rating. The year before that he was on a terrible Chiefs team that went 4-12.

His last year in New England he passed for 3693 yds, 21 TDs, 11 INTs and an 89.4 passer rating. He is not an elite QB but he is very good.

The Chiefs have a lot of problems this year, but quarterback is not one of them.

Cassell needs to play within a system... without it he's avg at best.

Cassel last year 27tds 7ints he's won games before and he can win them again

The CHIEFS and Cassel were horrible yesterday. No one on here can deny that. The score tells you how bad they were. But Cassel was not alone. The whole team was horrible. And when the whole team is horrible it's not one guys fault why you lose. Cassel was a part of the loss. But I can't say he was a huge part. This game went wrong before Cassel even touched the football.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Stars with the play calling...........
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    We are paying cassel Drew brees/tom brady/peyton manning money. This guy cannot move the ball without the running game working. He is not a qb that can sit in shotgun and move the ball. All he does is dump it to the flats in hope for a few yds. I have never been a believer and this guy that created the thread is absolutely correct. Hes a very very conservative qb who cant make the throws, get someone who can actually MOVE THE BALL
    The offense is designed around the running game, and Cassel is specifically asked to lead THAT offense, and not Payton Manning's offense.

He has been playing conservatively because he is asked to play conservatively, is coached to do so, and was not prepared to "open it up" with cracked ribs yesterday.

And his not making Brady/Manning money either.

I smell a mutiny...lol

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The offense is designed around the running game, and Cassel is specifically asked to lead THAT offense, and not Payton Manning's offense.

He has been playing conservatively because he is asked to play conservatively, is coached to do so, and was not prepared to "open it up" with cracked ribs yesterday.

And his not making Brady/Manning money either.
    And add to the fact that this offensive line STILL cannot protect him long enough for a play to develop. He dumps the balls off short because it takes 2 to 3 seconds for a deep play to develop. Our receivers are not fast enough to blast passed coverage, so they have to run routes that get them open. Unfortunately, anything longer than three seconds is going to turn into a sack.

So Cassel is always looking for something quick to dump off, and the first guy he finds, he is getting rid of the ball. Have a few 340 pound players knock you on your *** a few times and you would be looking for the same thing.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast