Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Quarterback disaster

Default Quarterback disaster

Cassell is worthless and will NEVER be a productive starting quarterback. Last year was a farce and I don't have any faith that Cassell will ever be able to lead this team to any sort of success. And he is only in the third year of a 6 year contract. It's looking grim for the Chiefs in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsofaking View Post
    Cassell is worthless and will NEVER be a productive starting quarterback. Last year was a farce and I don't have any faith that Cassell will ever be able to lead this team to any sort of success. And he is only in the third year of a 6 year contract. It's looking grim for the Chiefs in the near future.
    Really man? Cassel, noting you can't even spell his name right, is exactly what he was advertised as, but the Chiefs brought him in. You don't think there would be some hiccup getting him into a new system, with significantly less weapons around him? You are expecting a lot. Your OL is a shell of what it used to be, your wideouts are marginal. He can't win games on his own. Look back on your recent strong years, I'm not counting last season. Your OL built your team. You think it's a coincidence that Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson both tore **** up only to watch LJ fall on his face towards his final time. Sure, he had lost a bit of a step, but your OL was your bread and butter. Best in the league at the time. It's a team sport, one man is never to blame.

Your team had a good season last year, but your schedule was weak. One bad week does not make a season. Just have realistic expectations with where your team is, you aren't ready yet. But is your team going a direction you believe in? That is what matters.

Our division is weak. Denver is in serious trouble. The Chargers have peaked, they better win it while they can. The Raiders and Chiefs are in similar places. Some good pieces and some severe weaknesses other places.

It's a loss. Get it out and get over it.

My question, and much greater concern, is what do you all think about the direction Haley is taking the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    A breakdown of Cassel's numbers:

Passes completed behind the line of scrimmage: 7/7, 3 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INT

Passes 0-9 Yards: 14/18 101 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT

Passes 10-19 yards: 1/5, 15 Yds, 0 TD, 1 INT

Passes 20+ yards: 0/4, 0 Yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

His downfield accuracy has to get better, plain and simple. Why do you think Haley is calling 7 screen passes a game. The playcalling is bad too, but is it because they don't trust Cassel to throw the ball downfield?

Wouldn't his inability to follow thru due to the rib injury afffect his passes downfield?

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    Wouldn't his inability to follow thru due to the rib injury afffect his passes downfield?
    I hope so...but his downfield accuracy in the past hasn't exactly been phenomenal.

I'll admit, I've been a little down after last week's pathetic loss, and probably overreacting a bit. Everyone has to get better, starting with the coaching and playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    For anyone that still thinks Cassel is kind of good, here is a wide-open Bowe on the same play where Cassel threw that pick.

First off, I would like to say ....

HOLY SINGLE PLAY BATMAN!!!!

One play means that a player is no good?

Then I guess there has never ever been a single player who was any good.

Secondly, I'd like to ask if you bothered to look at the photo you supplied.

Do you not see the CB right with Bowe, and the Safety help, over the top, who would have been charging in to lay the smack down on Bowe, had the throw been going that way, instead of where you see him running, as the pass is throw in that direction.

And the intended receiver has a step on his coverage, with the Safety having a long way to go to get to him.

Seems like it was a good decision, just a bad throw.

I would like to see what happens on that play if Cassel is playing without the rib injury.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234