Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss of Berry...

Default Loss of Berry...

All,
    Bills fan here... sorry to hear about the loss of Berry. He's a great player and will be tough to replace, but hopefully you can fill his shoes and he comes back healthy ASAP for your squad. Tough game for you yesterday... I don't think that game is a true indication of your team or season. We played well and took advantage of a lot of breaks.

I know a lot of people on the board here are pissed at Stevie J for hitting Berry low. I did see the hit and thought it was legal, but Stevie prob should have stayed higher on him. Saying all of that, I don't think that hit was what did Berry in. He made a cut a bit later in the game and his knee just buckled...

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/knee.gif

I hope this .gif I included works. It doesn't make me feel any better about his injury, but I hope the venom towards Stevie J is mitigated a bit on here. He's not a dirty player, but plays like that will get you a rep as one real quick. Anyway, good luck the rest of the season. I've been to KC a few times to catch games and I've enjoyed the game atmosphere from Chief's fans tremendously!

P.S we'll do our best to knock of the Raiders, Broncos and Chargers, please feel free to beat up every other AFC East team! ;)

McD

First Congrats to your team they just came in and spanked us in every part of the game.

To be honest I really didn't see the hit on Berry to tell if he did anything wrong or not. It's hard to tell on the tv screen. But I do think legal or ilegal hit that hit lead to Berry being out. Maybe if he didn't try to come back in the game and just sat the rest of that one out it wouldn't have happend. But I think that hit weakend his knee to the point it was ready to snap. One of those things I guess we will never know for sure. But do us a favor beat the other afc west teams worse then you did us.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I appreciate the best wishes, but he was hit below the knees when not even expecting it away from the play. That's Raider football and uncharacteristic of the Bills, who have traditionally been one of the classier teams. You can bet your @$$ every safety in the AFC is going to pay him back with a below the knees-away from the play hit. Bet on it.

Yeah... no excuses for Stevie, and I do agree that might have lead to Berry's knee being weakened, but it wasn't the hit itself that did that damage. Never know for sure, but either way it sucks to lose such an important piece to your team.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Bills' play as they showed me NOTHING during the preseason. But what I did see yesterday gave me hope we're heading in the right direction. I hope we come out just as strong against Oakland... that crowd will be AMPED Sunday!

Best of luck to Berry and your Chief's the rest of the way...

p.s. Before you say it. He was watching the end of the play and made no move toward the action. It was pretty much over. Also, I was pleased to see Warren Sapp get his knees taken out several times after the cheap shot that ended Jerry Rice's career for all intents and purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I appreciate the best wishes, but he was hit below the knees when not even expecting it away from the play. That's Raider football and uncharacteristic of the Bills, who have traditionally been one of the classier teams. You can bet your @$$ every safety in the AFC is going to pay him back with a below the knees-away from the play hit. Bet on it.
    That play happens prob 5-10 times a game. I wish the rules weren't as ambigous as they are... it just states that it's "illegal under certain circumstances". Whatever the hell that means... I'm certainly not condoning the play, but Berry could have eluded the hit and continued to play after it.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    p.s. Before you say it. He was watching the end of the play and made no move toward the action. It was pretty much over. Also, I was pleased to see Warren Sapp get his knees taken out several times after the cheap shot that ended Jerry Rice's career for all intents and purposes.
    I'll have to review that play again, but it looked like F Jackson was still moving with the ball at the time and Stevie J was turned to make that block well before he knew the play might be ending.

Good job to the Bills. They exposed us as frauds this year. Bills looking that good and the Chiefs looking that bad = 41-7.
    Good luck to Gailey and the boys. J. Kelly and the Bills were always a powerhouse in the his good ole' days and it could be your guys time to shine again. Classy fans and Organization!
    Good luck!

Your a quality guy McD, thanks for the good sportsmanship! Injuries are part of the game; explanations are not necessary.

I am sure that in a full speed full contact effort! My knees will fail on there own, that being said, My much younger years, I just played the game and if injury happens, well **** happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast