Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

Default IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

So lets say we do get the first pick overall, do we go for Andrew Luck (if he is still considered #1)or do we trade the pick or draft someone else?

I also think Cassel is a good QB. This team failed at every position, but Cassel, and people want him thrown overboard. It makes no sense. When given just a little protection last year, he threw for the most TD's to Bowe. He had no time to throw Sunday and yet it's "Cassels fault". To each his own, but I think it's nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I also think Cassel is a good QB. This team failed at every position, but Cassel, and people want him thrown overboard. It makes no sense. When given just a little protection last year, he threw for the most TD's to Bowe. He had no time to throw Sunday and yet it's "Cassels fault". To each his own, but I think it's nuts.
    Last year the Chiefs had undeniably one of the easiest pass schedules in the history of the NFL, and that is no exaggeration.

Cassel would battle for a starting job on probably 26 other teams in the NFL. Say what you want about past trends for quarterbacks, I can say with about 99% certainty that Andrew Luck will not be a bust in this league. He's already run an NFL offense under a current NFL head coach and flourished. His arm strength rivals that of Aaron Rodgers, and his accuracy is unquestionable.

Personally, I hope we're not in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes this year, but you have to take him if you have the #1 overall pick in 2012.

Agree that a high % of 1st Round QB's don't live up to expectations, I'm sure a lot of that has to do with getting tossed into bad situations.

That Being Said, I've heard Luck is supposedly the best QB prospect since John Elway, some people state that he is better coming out of college than Manning... I'm not sure, If we are in a position to draft him, I wouldn't mind him setting out a year or a half of a season behind Cassel, or trading the pick for a large # of picks that could contribute. (To be honest if we traded the pick, we could possibly land A LOT of really good talent)

That being said as well..... It's 1 game down, why are we talking about the #1 pick. If it's week 12 and we are 2-10, then I might re-visit this conversation. As for now, we don't know.

Uh, anyone remember what was being said about Tebow last year?

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    You take andrew luck, its a no brainer. End thread
    And the final authority on Chiefs football has spoken. So I guess that means enough said? Not gonna write what I'm thinking, this being a family forum and all.....

I know we stunk it up Sunday, but it's a little early to start talking about being the front runner in the draft isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I know we stunk it up Sunday, but it's a little early to start talking about being the front runner in the draft isn't it?
    I do understand this point and the logic side of me agrees. But there is absolutely no excuse for what we saw sunday... Innocent until proven Guilty... and after a bills blowout at home I have my evidence. There is so much wrong with this team that I can't believe they prove effective this year at all. Even if they start to gel and figure out what works by mid season then we get to enjoy the Week 11-15 Pats, Jets, Bears, Steelers, and Packers to virtually finish up the season.

I mean Andrew Luck talk... Why not? This team gave us nothing else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Uh, anyone remember what was being said about Tebow last year?
    Yeah that he could see some real struggles transitioning to the NFL with his skill set and that he had bad mechanics...

He was ranked as a 3rd round pick on most draft boards. McDaniels had some sort of man crush for him to be picked at 25.

Andrew Luck on the other hand... Well watch some highlights and decide for yourself.

I realize this is just one throw, but how many quarterbacks can throw a 45 yard strike while falling down? This guy's arm strength and accuracy are unreal:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMz9nwy7yYc"]Andrew Luck throws 50 yd pass while falling to his knees (Stanford-ASU game, Nov. 13, 2010) - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I do understand this point and the logic side of me agrees. But there is absolutely no excuse for what we saw sunday... Innocent until proven Guilty... and after a bills blowout at home I have my evidence. There is so much wrong with this team that I can't believe they prove effective this year at all. Even if they start to gel and figure out what works by mid season then we get to enjoy the Week 11-15 Pats, Jets, Bears, Steelers, and Packers to virtually finish up the season.

I mean Andrew Luck talk... Why not? This team gave us nothing else to talk about...
    Oh they gave us plenty to talk about; just none of it very pleasant, but I understand what you're saying and agree. My only point is that even with the overwhelming evidence at hand there are simply too many variables at play at this point to begin even thinking about being in a position to grab Andrew Luck in the first round of the 2012 draft; especially after just the first week of the 2011 season.

...Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    Ill say it before and i will say it again. Cassel cannot move the ball down the field without a running game. Look at oakland game last year, balt, buff this year and last etc.. He cant sit in shotgun and deliver the ball down field. The guy makes peyton manning/tom brady/drew brees money and he is NO WHERE NEAR their level. He is mediocre at best
    10 mil a year is NOT Manning/Brady/Brees money.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast