Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

Default IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

So lets say we do get the first pick overall, do we go for Andrew Luck (if he is still considered #1)or do we trade the pick or draft someone else?

With Hailey's ego and stubborness about going with Cassel, it's hard to believe he would even pick Andrew Luck. He hasn't even picked up a decent back up QB in case Cassel stinks up half the season. What is it going to take to get this man to see what we are seeing. I wouldn't have mind if Cassel was pulled the last quarter to see if we can get some type of momentum but Hailey is a stubborn man. That's why Weis and Gailey are gone and that's why we never went after McDaniels or any other proven OC. Hailey is still learning to coach and making too many mistakes along the way. Why the hell did we lose Waters and Smith! I don't get it. Detroit will be no walk in the park next week. GO CHIEFS!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Yep. People need to go to pro-football-reference and look at his wins/stats before bashing him. He's a good QB who could have been great if he'd been groomed properly.
    That's why almost everyone mentioned in the last 3 posts have been cut or traded for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    That's why almost everyone mentioned in the last 3 posts have been cut or traded for nothing.
    Most GMs are idiots. That's how come a few teams like the Packers, Pats, and Steelers are always contending and most teams are always pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    ...And yes I know I have completely lost my mind... And for gods sake... GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Yes! Please, GO CHIEFS!

Fans know *way* more than GMs...

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Fans know *way* more than GMs...
    I would of tried to sign some really good FA this year with the Cap room we had

Luck would struggle with your OL. I'd focus on fixing that first.

Besides, you don't really think the Chiefs are that bad do you? Chiefs won't win the division again, but are far from the worst team in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by JailbreakRdr View Post
    Luck would struggle with your OL. I'd focus on fixing that first.

Besides, you don't really think the Chiefs are that bad do you? Chiefs won't win the division again, but are far from the worst team in the NFL.
    If Manning is out, the Colts will probably be the worst team. Bill Polian is a bad GM that no one realizes is a bad GM because his QB has single-handedly made him look good.

Quote Originally Posted by KC touchdown View Post
    I could of done what we have done so far. Let's look at it shall we?

Horrible 09 draft with tyson jackson and trading our second round pick for matt cassel.

Pays Tyson jackson and cassel about 11 million dollars a year.

Solid 10 draft

Horrible 11 draft, drafted the dumbest player in professional sports.

Past 3 years he signs a bunch of nobodies like sabby piscitelli and chris manno.

Yes, I am pretty sure I could of topped that
    FIRST OF ALL

PEOPLE - It's "I would have" not "I would of"

I would of
    doesn't make any $*#&% sense.

SECOND OF ALL

The 11 draft is horrible? Really? REALLY?

ONE GAME IN and you're saying it was horrible. I have patiently sat here and watched you post moronic statement after moronic statement. Your venom for the Chiefs is only surpassed by your insipid commentary.

Let me guess, your big problem was that we drafted Baldwin, right? That makes the whole draft horrible?

You do realize that we traded back before getting Baldwin, picking up a third rounder in the exchange, which we used on Allen Bailey, right? No, of course you don't realize that.

While we reached on Baldwin, the first four players we drafted ALL have first round talent. All of them. Hands down. They all had a reason they were drafted later:

1. Baldwin - baggage
    2. Hudson - size
    3. Houston - weed
    4. Bailey - inconsistency

That said, all of these guys could, if they can overcome their personal drawbacks, play every bit as effectively as a first rounder. They all have high, high upside. That's a good draft. We needed more talent.

Let's also not forget Jerrell Powe, who has so far looked like a legit contender for a starting spot at nose tackle down the line.

Kelly Gregg was a good signing.
    Brandon Siler got injured. I'm sure you blame Pioli for that.

Breaston was a good signing, and everyone was excited about it. The guy provided a skill set we desperately lacked.

Gaither is a good signing (super cheap for such explosive upside)

Besides, did it ever occur to you that these were not the years to sign free agents? Maybe you should try drafting the talent you need, then fill in holes later? Yeah, we could have signed Atogwe two years ago, but I'd rather have drafted Berry.

By the way, everyone was *****ING when we drafted Kendrick Lewis. "We just drafted Eric Berry!! WTF?!" Well, guess what? Pioli was a genius for making sure we had two young, talented safeties.

Now, do we need more depth? Of course we do. But this team is doing it right - they're drafting it and not buying it. That's how you get depth. No free agent is going to come here to be a backup. You have to draft guys and have them compete.

Sooooo sorry you thought we could turn around a decade of failure in two years, but there is a talent pipeline, and it takes time to do it right. You have to make sure you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, and sadly, sometimes that means not spending $33 million on new bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    If Manning is out, the Colts will probably be the worst team. Bill Polian is a bad GM that no one realizes is a bad GM because his QB has single-handedly made him look good.
    Two years ago, I would have thought this was a dumb comment. I think I agree with you.

This team seems to consistently whiff on their first round picks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast