Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

Default IF we have the first pick in 2012 do we go for Andrew Luck

So lets say we do get the first pick overall, do we go for Andrew Luck (if he is still considered #1)or do we trade the pick or draft someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    Two years ago, I would have thought this was a dumb comment. I think I agree with you.

This team seems to consistently whiff on their first round picks.
    I firmly believe that if Manning had been on great team like the Steelers/Pats instead of Roethlisberger/Brady, he'd have 5+ rings. He is the Wilt Chamberlain of the NFL. Maybe the best all-time except he doesn't have the hardware that the other elites have.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post

While we reached on Baldwin, the first four players we drafted ALL have first round talent. All of them. Hands down. They all had a reason they were drafted later:

1. Baldwin - baggage
    2. Hudson - size
    3. Houston - weed
    4. Bailey - inconsistency

That said, all of these guys could, if they can overcome their personal drawbacks, play every bit as effectively as a first rounder. They all have high, high upside. That's a good draft. We needed more talent.
    Is Houston's upside higher? sorry, I agree with your post by the way. Now, back to the

Of course we do. If we are the WORST team, obviously we need an impact player that will change the franchise for yeats and cassell would by then obviously not be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    Is Houston's upside higher? sorry, I agree with your post by the way. Now, back to the
    Nice.

Pennington 17,823 yds 102 TD 64 int 90.1 passer rating
    Palmer 22,694 154 100 86.9

i think you are right about palmer but i disagree on pennington, injuries[3] cut short his career otherwise he was a solid nfl QB

we take the best player available.......to early yet but keep your eye on Devon Still DT at PSU...6'5 305lbs was impressive even in the 'bama game loss, might make a nice replacement for jackson and may be a third round steal.
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I realize this is just one throw, but how many quarterbacks can throw a 45 yard strike while falling down? This guy's arm strength and accuracy are unreal:

An amazing throw, considering the position he was throwing from.

But, unless the batter swings and misses, then that is "ball four", as it is very clearly underthrown.

As for the topic, while I can't see this team drafting first, I would have to agree that we go ahead and take the top prospect if it were to happen, so long as it is a position that warrants such a pick.

QB does.

Kellen Moore would fit our system better. We are not, and never have been a long ball team. You want to talk accuracy and poise. I haven't mentioned him until now because pretty much no one knew who he is. He looks a lot like Elway in his prime-without the whining and fit throwing.You don't need a good O line either, because he is the master of the 3 step drop. I know Luck is getting all the hype, but let's talk about wins-Luck ain't even in the discussion.

As of now I'd peg us as the favorites in the Luck sweepstakes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345