Thread: AFC West week 2 predictions...

Default AFC West week 2 predictions...

KC @ Det - Chiefs get manhandled by an on the rise Buffalo D. Now must face man child Suh.
    KC 13 Det 20

Cin @ Den - Cin will try to run it down Denver's throat but won't have the same success. Cin 17 Den 20

NE @ SD- Chargers are a media darling and a constant favorite. They get exposed this week and ban wagons get's emptier.
    NE 33 SD 17

Oak@Buff - Raiders working on a short week and an East coast trip. Experts are picking Buffallo and Tommy Kelly and the Raiders know this and feel dissed.

Tommy Kelly on Bills "Whatever they did is a nice impressive victory, but they've got to come & deal with us now. And we ain't the Chiefs."

Raiders 26 Bills 23
    Last edited by Yoda; 09-16-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

DET

CIN

NE

BUFF

rough week for the AFC West (plus i'll never pick Den. unless its for sure they'll win)

Kc
    Cin
    Ne
    Buff

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Kc
    Cin
    Ne
    Buff
    I like the way you pick
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Chiefs @ Lions
    The Lions are over rated just like the are at the start of every season, but they are still better than last year and are a team on the rise. The Chiefs bounce back after a disastrous week one. Charles will struggle to run the ball between the tackles but will have a few big plays outside. Much of his yardage will come off of short slant passes into the gaps. The Lions will key on the run and put a lot of pressure on Cassell. The Chiefs will counter by attacking the Lions weak secondary. Defensively, Hali and Johnson play like madmen, frequently putting Stafford on his back. Pescitelli shows marked improvement after having a full week to practice with the starting defense, but he's no Eric Berry. The Chiefs keep it close and show some hope for the future, but being on the road, come up just short.
    Bengals @ Broncos.
    The Donkeys gave up 190 yds on the ground last week and Cedric Benson is coming off of a 121 yd performance. Expect another big game from him. Denver is suffering with injuries to key players Champ Bailey, Elvis Dumerville and Ty Warren on Defense and Brandon Lloyd and Knowshon Moreno on offense. Bengals starting QB Andy Dalton has an injured wrist, but expects to play. He completed 10 of 15 passes before Gradkowski came in and went 5 for 15. That's the Wildcard. If Dalton plays the Bengals probably win. If not, they lose. Benglas.com is reporting that Dalton will fully participate in today's practice.
    Cin 20 Den 17

Patriots @ Chargers
    In spite of completely dominating the Vikings last week (Rivers passed for 335 yds to McNabb's 39) The Bolts only won by a touchdown 24-17. The Chargers are still the Chargers and the Pats are still the Pats. 'Nuff said.
    The Patriots are a 7 point favorite on the road against a team that many pick to make the AFC Championship. There's a good reason for that. (Hint: His first name is Tom.) Take the Pats and lay the points.
    NE 35 SD 24

Raiders @ Bills
    The Bengals are not in the AFC West and they are at home so the Faders are screwed.
    Buf 24 Oak 20
    Last edited by Coach; 09-17-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Detroit
    Cincinnati
    Bengals
    Pats
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

I am not worried about the rest of the division.

But, for The Chiefs, I expect The Lions to continue to prove that they finally have things coming together, by beating us in Detroit.

I think the loss of Berry, and the talent of Matt Stafford to lead the way, with Suh making any QB pocket short-lived.

But I can see Charles and McCluster having some success, because speed in the running game can trump power on a run defense.

But I will continue to hope that I am wrong.

I say redemption...bounce back week they are mad and were embarrassed don't think for a second they have not heard what is being said about them, all around from coaches to players it is improvement this week...plus it is still the Lions.

Charles 125 yds 2 - touchdowns

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Raiders @ Bills
    The Bills are not in the AFC West and they are at home so the Faders are screwed.
    Buf 24 Oak 20
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    Fixed
    LOL! Bengals, Bills, whatever. You can see by all the rational thought I put into that prediction (as compared to the other 3) how much I care about that game!

Thanks for catching that.