Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lions fan here

Default Lions fan here

HELLO CHIEFS FANS!!!

I am a Lions fan on one of our web sites and I like to go to the other teams' forums and talk a little football. (Notice I said football and not trash.)

Anyways, as many of you may hear/see/envision, many of us in Detroit now believe that this team will be 16-0, dismantle the Packers and completely re-write the football history books.

However, I am a realist. Thus, I have some questions/thoughts about this week's game in Detroit that I would love to have a discussion with you.

1) What the HELL happened against Buffalo? By the looks of it, self destruction seemed to occur.

2) Haley. Have the players lost faith in him yet? It just seemed (outsider remember) that the Chiefs seemed listless.

3) What are your predictions for this game? I wrote in a small post on our website I thought the Lions would roll - for a few reasons. #1, it is our home opener with expectations. Read the last sentence. When is the last time we had expectations? #2, have the issues that occurred with you guys vs. Buffalo been identified/solved? #3, Eric Berry going down was a big hit and opens up your back guys against Calvin Johnson. But, remember this name - Brandon Petitgrew. He can beat your safeties in the seam. Plus, we had McGraw here for a year on the 0-16 year.

Anyways, look forward to a little banter and discussion and would love to hear some opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    I'm not picking against the chiefs, and to say we have no linebackers? Wrong. I'll take Houston, Hali, and DJ, thanks.

17-16 KC.
    I have never seen Hali play but his contract recently shows his worth to you guys and probably his ability to each team. My point on the linebackers was more of a slant against some of our fans who continually believe we are endeared to a 16-0 season.

My questioning the ability of the Chiefs is their recent slide last week and the momentum that may have been burned in the preseason. Looking at trends, I see the Lions winning this due to the momentum this team has as well as it being a home game for Detroit.

Since we have wet toilet paper for an O line and your team has Suh. Need I say more? If I were a Lions defensive coordinator, I'd blitz every down. Why not? The Bills were 30th in the league last year for points allowed. They still have a 3rd string D line for most NFL teams and they made us look like we had pee wee league linemen up against them. So with a good D line like Detroit has, Cassel may be taken out of the stadium on life support. I still think we are going to progress this year, but after the injuries, it's gonna take some time to fill the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by littlekaps View Post
    I have never seen Hali play but his contract recently shows his worth to you guys and probably his ability to each team. My point on the linebackers was more of a slant against some of our fans who continually believe we are endeared to a 16-0 season.

My questioning the ability of the Chiefs is their recent slide last week and the momentum that may have been burned in the preseason. Looking at trends, I see the Lions winning this due to the momentum this team has as well as it being a home game for Detroit.
    Well, quite honestly, we should both be hoping that our QB make it out of the game healthy. Suh is an absolute beast, but Hali is every bit the pass rusher that his contract suggests. While he isn't the physical force that Suh is, Stafford isn't exactly as durable as Cassel. I'm honestly hoping for no injuries on either side.

I think, for the most part, KC people tend to like the Lions. There's a small kinship of midwestern teams, and being that Lions are NFC, it's easy to root for them.

Lions have a tremendous amount of talent, because (despite KC trying their hardest to prove otherwise) you cannot draft that high for that long and not come out with some talent.

Someone said it earlier, but I think the biggest problem is going to be Pettigrew. We are consistently horrible against tight ends. I mean, with Berry out, there is no way we cover a guy like Pettigrew (wormtail!)

I am not sure about our running game. Most of the time, we are going off-tackle or stretch, so it might not be devastating for Suh to get penetration, which he absolutely, positively will. There's no way Wiegmann holds him off.

Coming off a strong road win, there might be concern that the Lions let up against KC, but I think they're going to want to bring the good vibes back to D-town.

I think Jahvid is going to have a medium game. Somewhere around 60 yds rushing and another 30 receiving. Megatron will get his, another 6 for 110 and a score day.

Pettigrew could easily torch us for two scores.

That said, this game might not be the cakewalk people are expecting. Berry going down literally ruins our season - he's that important - but there are still a lot of gritty players who won't cry "uncle".

I'm saying it's either a blowout victory for the Lions, or the Chiefs scrape out a win.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Since we have wet toilet paper for an O line and your team has Suh. Need I say more? If I were a Lions defensive coordinator, I'd blitz every down. Why not? .
    Because you could get consistent penetration rushing four DL the whole game and force cassel to throw it into a seven-defender gauntlet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123