Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lions fan here

Default Lions fan here

HELLO CHIEFS FANS!!!

I am a Lions fan on one of our web sites and I like to go to the other teams' forums and talk a little football. (Notice I said football and not trash.)

Anyways, as many of you may hear/see/envision, many of us in Detroit now believe that this team will be 16-0, dismantle the Packers and completely re-write the football history books.

However, I am a realist. Thus, I have some questions/thoughts about this week's game in Detroit that I would love to have a discussion with you.

1) What the HELL happened against Buffalo? By the looks of it, self destruction seemed to occur.

2) Haley. Have the players lost faith in him yet? It just seemed (outsider remember) that the Chiefs seemed listless.

3) What are your predictions for this game? I wrote in a small post on our website I thought the Lions would roll - for a few reasons. #1, it is our home opener with expectations. Read the last sentence. When is the last time we had expectations? #2, have the issues that occurred with you guys vs. Buffalo been identified/solved? #3, Eric Berry going down was a big hit and opens up your back guys against Calvin Johnson. But, remember this name - Brandon Petitgrew. He can beat your safeties in the seam. Plus, we had McGraw here for a year on the 0-16 year.

Anyways, look forward to a little banter and discussion and would love to hear some opinions.

Welcome to the Crowd.

Things do not look good for us this coming weekend!! I do think that a lot of what happened against Buffalo was self inflicted. Fumbles, lack of protection, INT, and poor play calling. unfortunately I dont think a lot of that will be worked out by next weekend. I have always liked the Lions so I am pulling for them every game but this weekend!!

I am driving up from Niagara Falls Canada for the game so please go easy on me!! I will be on my best behaviour!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Mostly what happened was Cassel throwing 35+ passes, and Jamaal Charles getting 10 (TEN) carries.
    And yes, without Berry secondary is really less competitive.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

I think Haley did not condition our guys enough and they ran out of gas halfway through the 1st quarter. Also, Buffalo started at 90 mph and we couldn't come close to matching their tempo. As I said about our 4th preseason game, our guys seemed completely confused about running plays on both sides of the ball. That is ALL on Haley. We can turn it around, but as our lovely and talented Canuck said, not in a week. I am looking at a 28-0 loss to your Lions, but a more disciplined team than last week.

Well according to nfl.com, Johnson has a shoulder injury and didn't practice today.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I will be on my best behaviour!!
    Just for littlekaps sake, Canada's best behavior is nothing tame.

As far as my prediction, I think this is somewhat of a letdown game for Detroit. I think they'll let their guard down some, but still pull out a victory 24-21.

Quote Originally Posted by littlekaps View Post
    3) What are your predictions for this game? I wrote in a small post on our website I thought the Lions would roll - for a few reasons. #1, it is our home opener with expectations. Read the last sentence. When is the last time we had expectations? #2, have the issues that occurred with you guys vs. Buffalo been identified/solved? #3, Eric Berry going down was a big hit and opens up your back guys against Calvin Johnson. But, remember this name - Brandon Petitgrew. He can beat your safeties in the seam. Plus, we had McGraw here for a year on the 0-16 year.

Anyways, look forward to a little banter and discussion and would love to hear some opinions.
    I dont think your Lions wil 'roll' as you put it. I think this game will be pretty close. your #1...you cant realistically believe you will beat out GB or even CHI for that matter, hope - yes, expect - no way. #2, I am sure the Chiefs have identified many areas of improvement and many of the woes from the Bills game were self-inflicted. #3, Last time I checked, CJ is a WR, who will be covered by a CB, not a S. Pettigrew will present some problems, but Tony Gonzales he is not, plus the Chiefs know they need to focus on covering TEs.

I predict a 28-24 Lions victory in a close game where Cassel once again proves he cannot conjure up any late game heroics and put together a game-winning drive.

It's called the win column, perhaps you've heard of it?

Quote Originally Posted by H-townChiefsFan View Post
    I dont think your Lions wil 'roll' as you put it. I think this game will be pretty close. your #1...you cant realistically believe you will beat out GB or even CHI for that matter, hope - yes, expect - no way. #2, I am sure the Chiefs have identified many areas of improvement and many of the woes from the Bills game were self-inflicted. #3, Last time I checked, CJ is a WR, who will be covered by a CB, not a S. Pettigrew will present some problems, but Tony Gonzales he is not, plus the Chiefs know they need to focus on covering TEs.

I predict a 28-24 Lions victory in a close game where Cassel once again proves he cannot conjure up any late game heroics and put together a game-winning drive.
    Good reply. As far as #1 goes, trust me, I don't think we can beat out Green Bay. Chicago may be more of an even matchup. When I say expectations, it means that we are expected to compete and win some games. (trust me, if you listened to the radio around here, you would think we invented football this last weekend)

CJ is a WR but usually he beats his guy and has to compete with the over the top safety. Thus, that is where the safety play comes in. Good luck!

I'm thinking that it may well be a long trip back to KC, but hope I'm wrong. I would love nothing more than to eat crow on this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast