Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Official Chiefs (0-1) @ Lions (1-0) Week 2 game thread

Default Official Chiefs (0-1) @ Lions (1-0) Week 2 game thread

@

Time: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:00PM CDT TV: Fox Radio: 101 The Fox

online stream available at
    Watch Detroit Lions vs Kansas City Chiefs Live Stream Online

I didn't see and In Game Thread for today's game, so I thought I would start one. Even though I will be away from my computer during the game!

Go Chiefs!

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    Let me get this straight. So you are content with a game manager that just hands the ball off? For $10 mil a year and a second round trade off I expect more..Shame on you for having pathetic standards for the starting QB.
    No. But that is what our staff has been coaching him for.

Had we spent the past two years trying to form some fast-paced passing offense, or even a balanced attack, then I would be far more critical of Cassel's actual body of work for these two games.

But, that has not been the case.

And, he earned every cent of his pay last season, so I am not going to join the mob mentality, that he is terrible, just because the team has been as bad as any team I have ever seen in consecutive games.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

Why? We see how Cassel does with good, healthy skill players and a good-to-decent line, and how he does with bad OL and bad, injured skill players. He does well with good teams and bad with bad teams. There's no shame in that. Guys like Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, and Matt Hasselbeck made/won Super Bowls like that.
    So, what it seems that you are saying now, despite what you actually said, is that he is incapable of being a top passer on the current team?

That would still be speculation, as he has not really been given an environment to do so yet.

So far, we have gone into both games with a gameplan to run the ball, and play tough defense to keep the score low. And, Cassel has been practicing to run that offense, then having everything fall apart.

If we change our strategy, and start running an offense that is more geared for what has been required, we may see something different.

Not to mention, it has only been two games.

Right now, defense, injuries, gameplanning, and turnovers are making it impossible to run our offense as intended.

No doubt some major changes are going to have to happen. But, until we are entering games with the concept of calling plays to have Cassel show what he can do, Cassel doesn't have much of a chance.

The situation he has been dealt these first two games are such that I don't think Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, or anyone else is going to be successful.

Maybe he will prove unable to lead the team in the way I think you are talking about.

But, considering the hand he has been dealt so far, I don't see how such a statement can be supported.

Myself, after how Cassel made a liar of me last year, I will have to give him a fair chance to show rather or not he is capable of being "that guy".

I wish the HC/OC would try to get Breaston more into the game plan..He has yet to be a factor in the scheme of things. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Why do people care how much Cassel makes? Is he overpaid? Yes. Are we still $30M under the cap? Yes. How much he makes doesn't impact the team at all!

And Cassel/Vrabel was worth the 2nd rounder.
    What????? It absolutely does! It Means you are dedicating a massive sum of money on a specific player. He is not close to justifying it or earning it. By dedicating that mammoth amount to him, Your mindset changes and you very possibly follow by pursuing different free agents than you might have and so forth. If you spend this much on "x", i might not be able to afford "Y". So we will settle for a less quality player, to make up for paying
    matt a massive amount.
    Say you stuck with a Thigpen or a Brodie Croyle on the cheap for a season or 2, these faces on our team could be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    What????? It absolutely does! It Means you are dedicating a massive sum of money on a specific player. He is not close to justifying it or earning it. By dedicating that mammoth amount to him, Your mindset changes and you very possibly follow by pursuing different free agents than you might have and so forth. If you spend this much on "x", i might not be able to afford "Y". So we will settle for a less quality player, to make up for paying
    matt a massive amount.
    Say you stuck with a Thigpen or a Brodie Croyle on the cheap for a season or 2, these faces on our team could be very different.
    He played well enough over a full sixteen game schedule to warrant the contract numbers.

Two games this season, where he hasn't played nearly as bad as the defense, does not make your case.

And having $33 Million in leftover cap space really nullifies what any individual is making.

His contract is not, in the least, keeping this team from paying other talent.

So, explain this to me....if we are 33 million under cap, why didnt we spend it on more premier players? Since money is no object and doesnt really sound like its an issue in player choice?

And I do understand he played behind an unbelievable team and got paid for how his abilities came across from all that fantastic support and it misrepresented his abilities. Thats not his fault and im not blaming him for accepting all that $$$. I know I would....lol

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425