Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Official Chiefs (0-1) @ Lions (1-0) Week 2 game thread

Default Official Chiefs (0-1) @ Lions (1-0) Week 2 game thread

@

Time: Sunday, September 18, 2011 12:00PM CDT TV: Fox Radio: 101 The Fox

online stream available at
    Watch Detroit Lions vs Kansas City Chiefs Live Stream Online

I didn't see and In Game Thread for today's game, so I thought I would start one. Even though I will be away from my computer during the game!

Go Chiefs!

YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Raiders lost atleast.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

STAT OF THE GAME:

Our two leading tacklers were our safeties Sabby Piscatelli and Jon McGraw with 18. Our secondary combined for 35 of our 60 tackles. This means we were getting no pressure on the QB and that our DBs are not respected.

yea, i would too

Updating*
    We have officially been outscored 233-69 in our last 8 fielded games

150-27 in our last 3 regular season + playoff games

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    So, by calling people average fans, you are calling yourself a superior fan? Look, we all love the Chiefs. We have that in common. On the field, Cassel is the Captain, the boss. The buck, on the field, stops with him. No one is blind to the fact that the dam has so many holes, you dont know where to start the blame...but, Cassel is lacking, that we can stay on the opposite end of agreement.
    If the rest of the damn were holding up, meaning a solid defense, and a top-flight running game, then what Cassel had been doing would be pretty good.

Once we are down by more than a couple of TDs, we are no playing the type of offense that we are coaching and practicing. We are running experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by PawnshopMarimba View Post
    yeah and how many of those drives started inside our 30 because of turnovers?
    Alright, of those, how many resulted TDs and how many in FGs?

A decent defense stands and delivers, even in the face of adversity.

Ours does not. Ours allows TDs, no matter where the possession starts at.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but a whole lot of guys would go 11-5 with Moss, Welker, the Pats OL, and Belicheck. 2008 was a good year from Cassel, but it's delusional to pretend that he was the Pats offense's engine that year. He was along for the ride.

That said, he's a decent QB. I'm glad we traded a 2nd for him. I wish he had a real OL, 2WR, and OC. But I'm not going to pretend he's a top QB in the NFL. He's not.
    Your speculation that a lot of QBs could win with their arms on that team includes Matt Cassel.

Wich disproves a great part of your assessment of Cassel.

Was it a great situation to be in?

Yes. You are not bringing me any new information with that.

But to say that he can't do what he has already proven that he can is erroneous.

Beyond that, I think you are a very football savvy individual.

I just disagree with that particular statement, due to the overwhelming evidence against it.

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I heard Albert and hali went down too, any word on them?
    Albert was back in the game a play, or two, later.

I didn't hear about Hali.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Your speculation that a lot of QBs could win with their arms on that team includes Matt Cassel.

Wich disproves a great part of your assessment of Cassel.

Was it a great situation to be in?

Yes. You are not bringing me any new information with that.

But to say that he can't do what he has already proven that he can is erroneous.

Beyond that, I think you are a very football savvy individual.

I just disagree with that particular statement, due to the overwhelming evidence against it.
    I don't think you understand what I mean by "win a game on his arm." I don't mean that he can't lead a passing attack. He showed last year that he could lead an intermediate passing attack with a limited supporting cast. He showed in 2008 that he can throw for a lot of years with a phenomenal supporting cast.

I mean that Cassel will not win games if he is the best offensive player player on the field. Manning, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger - they can.

And thank you for the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't think you understand what I mean by "win a game on his arm." I don't mean that he can't lead a passing attack. He showed last year that he could lead an intermediate passing attack with a limited supporting cast. He showed in 2008 that he can throw for a lot of years with a phenomenal supporting cast.

I mean that Cassel will not win games if he is the best offensive player player on the field. Manning, Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger - they can.

And thank you for the compliment.
    So then, you are aware that it is wild speculation to say that, right?

Myself, I think he is without hope on the current Chiefs squad, as we continue to build around a running game, and refuse to build a passing team.

But guessing that he couldn't be great in the right situation is like claiming to know how rainfall on Venus effects some hill that we can't even see, due to density of atmosphere.

It's a major reach, and, as speculations go, is undeterminable.

So then, you are aware that it is wild speculation to say that, right?

Why? We see how Cassel does with good, healthy skill players and a good-to-decent line, and how he does with bad OL and bad, injured skill players. He does well with good teams and bad with bad teams. There's no shame in that. Guys like Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, and Matt Hasselbeck made/won Super Bowls like that.

Myself, I think he is without hope on the current Chiefs squad, as we continue to build around a running game, and refuse to build a passing team.

I agree. I cannot comprehend why we haven't signed a real RT. Or why we didn't retain Waters. Maybe we're just cheap and run on the cheap.

But guessing that he couldn't be great in the right situation is like claiming to know how rainfall on Venus effects some hill that we can't even see, due to density of atmosphere.

It's a major reach, and, as speculations go, is undeterminable.
    I never said he couldn't be great. He was great in 2010. Our whole team was great, or at least played great. There's a correlation between the greatness of Cassel and the greatness of the team around him. Or lack thereof.

Cassel has played a decent game today for a guy who is supposed to be heading the #1 rushing offense in The NFL.

Two INTs, both bouncing off of receivers, and a fumble? (Fumble? With the amazing protection The Chiefs' O-line has?)

Oh, by the way, why has Matt Cassel been injuring our best players on both sides of the ball?

What a d***! And to do it with cracked ribs?
    Let me get this straight. So you are content with a game manager that just hands the ball off? For $10 mil a year and a second round trade off I expect more..Shame on you for having pathetic standards for the starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    Let me get this straight. So you are content with a game manager that just hands the ball off? For $10 mil a year and a second round trade off I expect more..Shame on you for having pathetic standards for the starting QB.
    Why do people care how much Cassel makes? Is he overpaid? Yes. Are we still $30M under the cap? Yes. How much he makes doesn't impact the team at all!

And Cassel/Vrabel was worth the 2nd rounder.