Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haley

Default Haley

Fire Haley PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, im sure its gonna be another nasty score....we need to get used to it

One can say what one can about the lockout and reduced time to prepare, but everyone had the same amount time that we did. We are NOT headed in the right direction in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    One can say what one can about the lockout and reduced time to prepare, but everyone had the same amount time that we did. We are NOT headed in the right direction in any way shape or form.
    You know one of the reasons Bill Belichick is a genius? He almost single-handedly brought the 3-4 back into vogue in 2001-2004. He found great 3-4 talent (like Bruschi, Vrabel, and Harrison) for cheap. And now in 2011, after everyone tore their teams up to copycat him, he's moving back to a 4-3 and finding great 4-3 talent like Ellis, Haynesworth, and Carter for cheap.

Great coaches work with the talent they have. They don't try to force players into their rigid schemes. Haley stuck to his offensive and conditioning schemes this offseason despite the lockout circumstances. Now he has an underprepared team heavily dependant on players who don't know his schemes (Houston, Asamoah, Hudson, Gregg) or who just stink (Tyson, McGraw, Piscatelli) and he won't bend to accomodate facts obvious to everyone else.

Remember when Gailey ran the pistol for Tyler Thigpen and it almost turned us into a real offensive team? That's the sort of thing we need to be doing right now. Making the best out of a bad talent situation by thinking outside the little scheming box.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    You know one of the reasons Bill Belichick is a genius? He almost single-handedly brought the 3-4 back into vogue in 2001-2004. He found great 3-4 talent (like Bruschi, Vrabel, and Harrison) for cheap. And now in 2011, after everyone tore their teams up to copycat him, he's moving back to a 4-3 and finding great 4-3 talent like Ellis, Haynesworth, and Carter for cheap.

Great coaches work with the talent they have. They don't try to force players into their rigid schemes. Haley stuck to his offensive and conditioning schemes this offseason despite the lockout circumstances. Now he has an underprepared team heavily dependant on players who don't know his schemes (Houston, Asamoah, Hudson, Gregg) or who just stink (Tyson, McGraw, Piscatelli) and he won't bend to accomodate facts obvious to everyone else.

Remember when Gailey ran the pistol for Tyler Thigpen and it almost turned us into a real offensive team? That's the sort of thing we need to be doing right now. Making the best out of a bad talent situation by thinking outside the little scheming box.
    I really don't blame Haley for not being able to do the right thing by this team. I blame Pioli for bringing him here in the first place. And I blame Pioli for these terrible draft picks (Jackson MaGee Baldwin). And I blame Pioli for not bringing in free agents that could contribute immediately.
    Lets get with it Pioli. You don't have Belichick to answer to anymore. You just got us fans - and were starting to get pissed.
    SHUT IT

I don't feel the draft pic's are as much of an issue as the lack of FA signed during the off season and the amount of money we are sitting on that could have been used on those FA. Haley has made mistakes from the moment he got here. We thought 4-12 was bad, this could or will get much worse than we could have ever dreamed. From what I have seen and the games and teams we have yet to play, 0-16 is very possible.

I honestly can't see where we have the potential to win a single team this year. With Berry and Charles we always had a chance. They were so good, they could completely dominate their portion of the field and allow mediocre help focus on the rest. They are gone and we have no one that can dominate any part of the game. I pray we can scrape 4 wins out somehow, just for pride.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I honestly can't see where we have the potential to win a single team this year. With Berry and Charles we always had a chance. They were so good, they could completely dominate their portion of the field and allow mediocre help focus on the rest. They are gone and we have no one that can dominate any part of the game. I pray we can scrape 4 wins out somehow, just for pride.
    I don't know. Being outscored 89-10 over the past two games doesn't doesn't fill me with a whole lot of optimism for the immediate future.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

I think that an effective coach is not afraid to change things up a little to accommodate the strengths of the talent he has representing his team on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think that an effective coach is not afraid to change things up a little to accommodate the strengths of the talent he has representing his team on the field.
    And this is the problem I had with Haley from the outset. He let Gailey go, almost laughing at the man for trying to come up with creative ways for this team to win. Haley felt the schemes that Gailey was using were "gimmicks" yet, they put the team into a position to win.

Gailey is showing the league now that he is an old crafty guy that is not afraid to throw anything at you to win football games. Haley needs to take a play from that book and mix it up a little.

There is a lot of talk about Haley getting the axe. Well, in my opinion we should have never hired him, but we have now and the guy deserves a chance to correct the issues.

I am no fan of Haley, but we cannot change coaches now, maybe at the end of the season, but I just don't see how a guy that took you to the playoffs last year gets the axe after a slow start.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Well, right this moment, I would like to see him fired...right now. However, if he can turn around the 2nd and 3rd rate players we have left(for the most part-we still have some good help), then maybe he should get another year. Problem is, he took a 10-3 team and turned them into a potentially 0-16 team over 6 games. And we have got progressively worse each game-no adjustments made-just more of the same losing crap we saw the game before. I hope he has the balls to turn this team around, but I fear he has already squandered the really good team we had.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast