Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running up the score?

Default Running up the score?

Teams running up the score to piss Haley off or is that my perception.

I was all for Todd but not being able to prepare a team the right way, and letting it get out of hand.

First I figured it was Gaileys revenge but now teams are looking to embarrass us and look better than they are. San Deigo is gonna whoop us next week.

How many more times in the next 4 weeks will we get outscored?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Who cares, if Haley feels that teams are running up the score, then they should do something about it.
    Cut and dry, this is the only post that this thread needs. Well put, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well they went for it on 4th and goal... They could of kicked a field goal.
    at that point in the game a FG would not have made a difference for Detroit. At the time (I think) we need 2 TDs to get back in the game. If Det had kicked a FG, 2 TD still would have put us ahead. They had the ball on the 1 so not getting it would not have hurt them defending a 99 yard field. It was the right call, we should have stopped them.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well they went for it on 4th and goal... They could of kicked a field goal.
    I think one of the announcers said something about what's better: To do a near sure thing FG or line up and give the defense a legit shot at stopping the score?

That said, I heard Schwarts comments about it and he said they were worried about the possibility of a blocked FG because they were so close. That didn't make and sense to me. Sound more like trying to defend the action than reality. But I'm not a football coach, so what do I know?

One thing to bear in mind: It was KC that accused Detroit of tampering when our DC just said something to effect of: "Yeah, they have a lot of good players who I'd like to have on our team." Maybe there was some lingering bad feelings between the Lions and Chiefs because of that? I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by RedRamage View Post
    I think one of the announcers said something about what's better: To do a near sure thing FG or line up and give the defense a legit shot at stopping the score?

That said, I heard Schwarts comments about it and he said they were worried about the possibility of a blocked FG because they were so close. That didn't make and sense to me. Sound more like trying to defend the action than reality. But I'm not a football coach, so what do I know?

One thing to bear in mind: It was KC that accused Detroit of tampering when our DC just said something to effect of: "Yeah, they have a lot of good players who I'd like to have on our team." Maybe there was some lingering bad feelings between the Lions and Chiefs because of that? I dunno...
    Take this with a grain of salt but I've heard that kicking from the 6 inch line truely is harder than kicking an extra point. You can't drive the ball thru like a nomral kick. So you have to either pooch it up over the goal post or kick it low and hard.

The announcer said it best, this isn't a pee wee league, pop warner, junior high, high school OR college. This is the national football league, if you're tired of them scoring then STOP THEM! As someone else said the Chiefs gave up, pure and simple. I honestly am wondering just how many entries we'll have in the suck for luck drawing.

@Chargers - loss
    Vikings - possible win but with Vikings D more likely a L
    @Colts - possible win
    @Raiders - I hate typing this but loss
    Chargers - loss
    Dolphins - possible win
    Broncos - possible win
    @Patriots - loss
    Steelers - loss
    @Bears - loss
    @Jets - loss
    Packers - loss
    Raiders - possible win
    @Broncos - possible win

At best we go 6-10, my guess is 4-12 if not 2 or 3 wins. BAH! I hate saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Who cares, if Haley feels that teams are running up the score, then they should do something about it.
    I totally agree with you...I was hoping they would score more than what they did just to embarrass Todd.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I'm glad they run up the score so that it shows how bad Coaches, players and management really are. Can't hide or make excuses for an obvious *** whoopin. You don't like it then don't let it happen. GO CHIEFS!

Norv Turner will most likely pull all his starters shortly after the half and we will still be shut out.......

Quote Originally Posted by OPLookn View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt but I've heard that kicking from the 6 inch line truely is harder than kicking an extra point. You can't drive the ball thru like a nomral kick. So you have to either pooch it up over the goal post or kick it low and hard.

The announcer said it best, this isn't a pee wee league, pop warner, junior high, high school OR college. This is the national football league, if you're tired of them scoring then STOP THEM! As someone else said the Chiefs gave up, pure and simple. I honestly am wondering just how many entries we'll have in the suck for luck drawing.

@Chargers - loss
    Vikings - possible win but with Vikings D more likely a L
    @Colts - possible win
    @Raiders - I hate typing this but loss
    Chargers - loss
    Dolphins - possible win
    Broncos - possible win
    @Patriots - loss
    Steelers - loss
    @Bears - loss
    @Jets - loss
    Packers - loss
    Raiders - possible win
    @Broncos - possible win

At best we go 6-10, my guess is 4-12 if not 2 or 3 wins. BAH! I hate saying that.

Sorry but I just don't see it as painful as it is to say that. No we were not superbowl contenders last year but we did go far better than anyone though we would, even most of us. We won the AFC West title. It wasn't pretty in most cases, but still a win is a win. But this?, I just don't see it......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12