Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time for change!

Default Time for change!

I've tried and tried to ride the Haley train! I will admit it has shown sparks, but it doesn't have enough fire to get our great franchise to where it deserves to go. Im calling for Haley to go and spend the money to get cower or chucky in here! The team and the fans deserve an afc championship team! It's been far too long for an original afl team to have such a low seat on the historical spotlight. I'm tired of gearing bout the raiders, broncos, chargers, but no mention of the chiefs except insults and jokes. I'm tired of mediocrity! Am I alone?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Actually, it was four. Three INTs, and a lost fumble.

Two of the INTs were thrown into receivers' hands, only to have them reject the ball, and send it to defenders.

The third INT was basically desperation, throw it, rather you should, or not, kind of a situation, down by more than 30 points.

And the fumble was the usual terrible pass protection. Though Cassel certainly should have held onto the ball.

Cassel, for the most part, was hitting his targets. Those targets were declining catches, and the plays that were being called were those stupid gimmick plays for short yardage.

If you think Cassel threw this game away, then you must not have seen it.

You want numbers? 89 points allowed in two games.

The QB position is the least of our worries.

As I said, look at the stats. I didn't say go watch the game. I watched the game and saw the same things you did. I'll agree that 2 of the turnovers were Cassel's fault. But the average fan is going to look at the game and say wow, 6 TO's and 3 were int's? I want Cassel's head!!! When it comes down to it blow outs won't put butts in the stands and money talks and BS walks. It'll come down the line on who needs to take the blame and the highest paid player that isn't cutting it will be cut. That's Cassel unfortunately.

I don't blame the loss entirely on him. Did he help it absolutely! But like I was saying a QB will step up and not contribute to the problems the team is having. Contributing 2 TO's is not what you want out of your starting QB. Either find a different QB or set his pay equal to his play.

Default I would still blame...

I would also still atleast put half of the blame for one other on him also. It was thrown behind and away from the receiver (high) as he was heading the other direction. Maybe he was supposed to sit down in the zone instead of continuing, but the route did not look like that to me. Cassel sure did get upset, but I could not tell if it was at himself or the other player.

I'm sick of Cassel supporters on here. Sure the defense didn't help, but watching Cassel throw and scramble only to throw the ball away over and over again. Miss targets. He is not a leader on the field and it shows over and over again. There are those that hate to lose and he doesn't look like one of those players. We need a QB that hates losing and will do whatever it takes not to. Same with the Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    I'm sick of Cassel supporters on here. Sure the defense didn't help, but watching Cassel throw and scramble only to throw the ball away over and over again. Miss targets. He is not a leader on the field and it shows over and over again. There are those that hate to lose and he doesn't look like one of those players. We need a QB that hates losing and will do whatever it takes not to. Same with the Head Coach.
    I don't why people just can't call Cassel what he is - average. There's no shame in being an average QB in the NFL. Super Bowls have been won with average QBs. They tend to be smarter and harder working than the more athletic QBs - who tend to be superstars or busts.

Cassel sucked the past two weeks. Cassel was good last year. He sucked in 2009. He was good in 2008. He was a non-entity before then. What do people think he is? He's not terrible and he's not great. He's good at best and sucky at worst.

I will not count Cassel's bad games last year..He had a receiver (Bowe) that was doubled every game, a rookie TE (Moeaki) and a senior citizen (Chambers) who played two years more than he should have and could'nt shake a nickel corner let alone a starting corner.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010chiefs View Post
    He was 15/22 (68.2%) throwing, including two that receivers deflected to defenders, and the late game, desperation time INT.

He ranks 13 in Completion percentage. (63.8%)

Short passes? Yes. Ineffective passes. Yes.

But to go on about how he is missing targets and throwing the ball away is just inaccurate.

And, considering how obvioously wrong you are there, why would you feel confident in your other judgements?

I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I don't why people just can't call Cassel what he is - average. There's no shame in being an average QB in the NFL. Super Bowls have been won with average QBs. They tend to be smarter and harder working than the more athletic QBs - who tend to be superstars or busts.

Cassel sucked the past two weeks. Cassel was good last year. He sucked in 2009. He was good in 2008. He was a non-entity before then. What do people think he is? He's not terrible and he's not great. He's good at best and sucky at worst.
    It must be because his career has been above average, while the circumstances he has been in have been less than average.

He had bad numbers with the horrible 2009 Chiefs, as any QB likely would.

He had good numbers in 2008, where many would.

But he had good numbers in 2010, where few would.

And that was only his third year playing.

If he were a guy who was drafted in the first round, and his first three years playing gave the results that he has had up to now, then he would absolutely be considered a top QB.

Does the average QB even play? And how many years does the average QB start?

His play in the past two games was far from good, but further from terrible.

WRs rejecting passes has caused a lot of good passes to go on the record as incomplete, or INTs. And horrible play-calling/game-planning, as well as fumbles and bad protection has not helped.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It must be because his career has been above average, while the circumstances he has been in have been less than average.

He had bad numbers with the horrible 2009 Chiefs, as any QB likely would.

He had good numbers in 2008, where many would.

But he had good numbers in 2010, where few would.

And that was only his third year playing.

If he were a guy who was drafted in the first round, and his first three years playing gave the results that he has had up to now, then he would absolutely be considered a top QB.

Does the average QB even play? And how many years does the average QB start?

His play in the past two games was far from good, but further from terrible.

WRs rejecting passes has caused a lot of good passes to go on the record as incomplete, or INTs. And horrible play-calling/game-planning, as well as fumbles and bad protection has not helped.
    Cassel's career stats are available at Matt Cassel NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com. His career QB rating is a 82.4. That is incredibly, incredibly average. Not bad, not good. Average.

And average QBs play all the time. Jason Campbell and Kyle Orton in our own division are good examples.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123