Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Lions Venting

Default Post Lions Venting

I don't know why but for some reason this game has me much more upset then last week. Coming off a loss like the game last week was you would think this team would have come out with a fire and hunger to get things going the right way. Instead we get an effort that was even worse. For this Todd Haley gets the heat from me.

It's clear that this team is not and has not been ready for the NFL season. We can blame the lockout we can blame the injuries all we want. I might be more willing to accept those reasons if the Chiefs lost a couple of games late or just had a bad break or to throughout the game. But The job of a head coach is to have his team ready to play each and every week. That's something that Clearly Todd Haley has not done.

I am not saying that we need to fire him as soon as the plane hits down in KC. Put something on this team has to change and change fast. It's time to turn up the pressure on him. Haleys got to find the changes and MAKE them. If that means a qb change fine if that means a change in who calls the plays fine but whatever the change that needs to happen Haleys got to make it.

Anther thing that bugs me is the lack of fire I have seen from Haley this year. I know that a number of talking heads in the media have said he needs to keep his emotions in check. But I think that's part of made him a Divison winning head coach. Today he just stood there with a blank look on his face instead of getting after guys like he use to. Things going how they are going now he needs to get after people. One of the things that bugged me most about Herm Edwards was that he didn't get on the players as much. Yes it's a risk to do that as you risk loseing the locker room and creating a players vs coaches lockerroom. But players are more likely to get pissed off about a game that goes like today and DO SOMETHING about it if the coaches are letting them no it's not ok or acceptable to accept things like that.

When we first brought Haley in I was excited about him. I thought that he would be the guy to get the job done. Now I am starting to get that same feeling I had about Herm on day 1. I am starting to worry about who is coaching this team. I hope I am just overreacting. But when the season starts the way it has I think it's time to start looking and thinking about if we have the right head coach. I hope we do. I really hope we do. I like Haley but I am starting to wonder. I hope he proves me wrong to wonder the rest of the year.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

They've allowed great assistant coaches to leave. They've let great players leave. They've made some poor personnel selections. And obviously handled the off season worse than most other teams did. We have no depth. Our defense couldn't stop a high school team. This team has zero character, and it's starting to look like they have no will. The past 5 games have been a disgusting display of poor play, poor coaching and lack of effort!

Don't exempt Pioli from this. His refusal to find real offensive linemen, his letting valuable vets (Waters, Smith, and Edwards especially) go in FA or trading them, and his bad drafting (especially in the later rounds) have been a massive part of our current woes.

Great post. I had to sit through that crap today. Normally there is some kind of positive to take away from a game. I can't think of anything positive that came from this game.

I agree with those that mention this is a continuation of last season. It's been awhile since this team has played good. A long while. I have never been this disappointed in my team. This team has no heart. And judging from the severe beatings they have taken from the lowly bills and lions, they also have no self-respect.

I'm willing to bet the farm that the next home game will be a blackout. And I'm also willing to bet that not many KC fans will mind that.

One last thing. Clark Hunt needs to take out a full page ad in the KC Star newspaper and apologize to Chiefs fans for the product they have put on the field so far this year. I can excuse a lot of things. But lack of effort and self-respect are inexcusable.

This is the worst team in the NFL by far..

Have we fallen so far, so fast?

In all honesty, I am shocked! Then losing your best player on D and O does not help. Haley definently needs to take the bulk of the blame. This team is in a rut.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

I will attribute this to the loss of our star safety and running back, but jeeez, If we are bound to sink with the loss of a running back then we are in big trouble.

I'm not giving up all hope. We need to "SNAP OUT OF IT"! Losing two of your best players in the first quarter of the first two games tends to play on a teams' psyche. Is there anyone in the locker room to pull them together?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast