Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft,

Default With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft,

The Kansas City Chiefs take...........

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    No, no, God no. Please, no more trying to turn low-round QBs into stars. No Chiefs QB actually drafted by the team has won a start since Todd Blackledge. Draft a blue chip QB prospect in the first round already!
    Well IF things keep going the way they are right now I don't think it would be bad to give him a look. Maybe he will be horrible. Or maybe he will be good. It's a wasted pick if we never plan to use him. Might as well give him a shot if things don't get any better.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Before we would take Luck I would hope that we give the current rookie qb on the roster a look.
    Great post!! It seems with three of our key skill players gone for the season then the rest of our season should be used efficiently to gauge our backup QB's to see where we stand.

What about Stanzi? There are some QB's drafted later that are pretty good...guy named Brady...Montana just to name a couple and how many busts in the first round or pick for that matter...Russell, Leaf there are no guarantees...we need help on the "O" line...I am not saying Cassel is perfect but he can win...Baldwin is not even playing yet Chiefs need more help in other areas they might even need a RB what is Charles going to be like coming back from an injury like that...he needs his speed...all around just frustrating I still believe they will get better

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Well IF things keep going the way they are right now I don't think it would be bad to give him a look. Maybe he will be horrible. Or maybe he will be good. It's a wasted pick if we never plan to use him. Might as well give him a shot if things don't get any better.
    The chances of Andrew Luck being a pro bowl-caliber QB are much much higher than any 4th rounder out there. Are there busts? Yes. But look at playoffs last season:

Manning - 1st rounder
    Vick - 1st rounder
    Cutler - 1st rounder
    Flacco - 1st rounder
    Rothlisberger - 1st rounder
    Matt Ryan - 1st rounder
    Aaron Rodgers - 1st rounder
    Mark Sanchez - 1st rounder
    Brees - 2nd rounder
    Brady - 6th rounder
    Cassel - 7th rounder (traded for 2nd rounder)
    Hasselback - 7th rounder (traded for 1st rounder)

That's 8 out of 12 (with two first rounders in the SB). The year prior, it was 8 out of 12 (with the first overall pick versus the 33rd pick in the SB). The year prior, 9 out of 12, with HOFer Kurt Warner versus 1st rounder.

The QB position matters. More than any other spot on the field. By a long shot. We will never, never win anything until we address it with a real, long-term, blue-chip prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    I don't care who they pick, one man isn't gonna solve what's wrong with this team. Every year it's the same thing, "Oh if we draft such and such we'll make the SB next year". It's stupid.
    4 teams in very similar situations in recent years....

Falcons, Bucs, Lions, and Rams.

All who have turned it around and are seemingly headed the right direction...

Led by Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Matt Stafford, and Sam Bradford.

Look at where the chiefs are...

I think we should take Luck. I'm a huge Kellen Moore fan and if we don't end up with the number one pick I'd love to get him but I think we have to go with Luck for a number one pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    The chances of Andrew Luck being a pro bowl-caliber QB are much much higher than any 4th rounder out there. Are there busts? Yes. But look at playoffs last season:

Manning - 1st rounder
    Vick - 1st rounder
    Cutler - 1st rounder
    Flacco - 1st rounder
    Rothlisberger - 1st rounder
    Matt Ryan - 1st rounder
    Aaron Rodgers - 1st rounder
    Mark Sanchez - 1st rounder
    Brees - 2nd rounder
    Brady - 6th rounder
    Cassel - 7th rounder (traded for 2nd rounder)
    Hasselback - 7th rounder (traded for 1st rounder)

That's 8 out of 12 (with two first rounders in the SB). The year prior, it was 8 out of 12 (with the first overall pick versus the 33rd pick in the SB). The year prior, 9 out of 12, with HOFer Kurt Warner versus 1st rounder.

The QB position matters. More than any other spot on the field. By a long shot. We will never, never win anything until we address it with a real, long-term, blue-chip prospect.

Who has the most rings in that group. The 6th rounder. I am not saying that Stanzi is the answer. What I am saying is if we get to the point where we are going to have the number 1 pick we should see if he can be the answer before we get anther qb. If he can be and that's a big if then we can use that pick on anther hole. If not well we will no.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Isn't it just a little bit early for this BS?
    Ummm... No, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    4 teams in very similar situations in recent years....

Falcons, Bucs, Lions, and Rams.

All who have turned it around and are seemingly headed the right direction...

Led by Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Matt Stafford, and Sam Bradford.

Look at where the chiefs are...
    I'm sorry, I guess I should have seen my error earlier. You've convinced me, let's draft Luck and teach him how to block for himself and catch his own passes downfield as well. If one man can do all that then I'm all for it!

Take Luck, hire a run orientated OC, sign free agent o lineman to shore up that line, probably get a new RB, and build around the kid

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast