Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft,

Default With the 1st pick in the 2012 NFL Draft,

The Kansas City Chiefs take...........

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    The Kansas City Chiefs take...........
    I was actually thinking about this while watching the game :(

At this point, the draft is irrelavent.
    First and foremost - we need to find us a strong, common sense head coach.
    Pioli - PULL YOUR HEAD OUT AND DO WHATS RIGHT!
    SHUT IT

Besides we get first pick or not (with Charles in IR we will get it), if we want to go to a SB we need an elite QB, Cassel showed us last four games he is not, and will never be. We have a talented young team in a lot of positions, that means a lot of years to improve, add a real QB, fill with FA, use that salary cap space, and we have a contender team.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Cassel is the last bright spot on a really bad team. When he has just a few good options, he wins. Look at Dan Marino. He was about as good as a QB gets, but muddled through the 80's and 90's with no chance at the playoffs most years. Yeah he went to one Super Bowls, but with the 2 best WR that year-and lost it BTW. Cassel IS the real deal, but the best in the league, like Marino, couldn't will a bad team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    Cassel is the last bright spot on a really bad team. When he has just a few good options, he wins. Look at Dan Marino. He was about as good as a QB gets, but muddled through the 80's and 90's with no chance at the playoffs most years. Yeah he went to one Super Bowls, but with the 2 best WR that year-and lost it BTW. Cassel IS the real deal, but the best in the league, like Marino, couldn't will a bad team to win.
    Wow, just wow! I was a Cassel supporter, but you are diluted. There has been nothing to support about his performances this year. He is an average quarterback at best. If you put enough pieces around him he can manage a game. You know who else could manage games with enough pieces around them? Almost any quarterback drafted in the NFL. Some can even win a Superbowl (Dilfer and B. Johnson). To compare him to Marino is really silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    Wow, just wow! I was a Cassel supporter, but you are diluted. There has been nothing to support about his performances this year. He is an average quarterback at best. If you put enough pieces around him he can manage a game. You know who else could manage games with enough pieces around them? Almost any quarterback drafted in the NFL. Some can even win a Superbowl (Dilfer and B. Johnson). To compare him to Marino is really silly.
    I will sheath my sword and write with respect for a fellow Chiefs fan-though it is difficult. You Sir, completely missed(or ignored) the entire point of my post in your Cassel-hating diatribe. Never once did I say Cassel was as good as Marino. What I DID SAY is that even the best QB's cannot single-handedly win a game and make a team good. Cassel is a good QB and has proven it over and over. Funny how he and Bowe were leading the entire NFL last year, but he really sucks, isn't it? I really want to unload on you because of your dishonest response to my post and due to my frustration with the team, but I will quit now. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by azchiefsfan; 09-19-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Ok something has gone horribley wrong I am agreeing with you way to much and we haven't had a fight in a couple of weeks. Maybe we jinxed the team?
    Oh yeah? Well I peed on your front door while you slept lastnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post
    I do not agree with alot of those names you mentioned.

Warner was on teams with exceptional receiving talent (except the Giants and his stint there was horrible).

Dilfer fell into a situation with one of the best defences in NFL history. I could have won a SB with that defence. He was shipped out the following year so that tells you something.

B. Johnson was in a similar situation like Dilfer, a great defence that can bail out even substandard QB play.

Hostetler did just enough to win and that meant for him not to turn the ball over and even then they should have lost the SB if it was'nt for a makeable Norwood FG that sailed wide. His career with the Raiders was anything but good.

Mark Rypien did win the Super Bowl, but he was AWOL soon after. I guess not having (Clark and Monk) and a lights out defence exposed him.

Any of the pre-salary cap era QBs you mentioned is'nt a fair comparison with today's QBs..Those QB's were in consistant systems with few player roster moves and had alot of depth in backup players. Still I agree they could have been an improvement with most other teams.

I do agree with Favre, Brees, and Brady. Those QB's could jumpstart the level of play with average talented casts.
    You realize that, rather you like how each guy did it, or not, they won The Super Bowl, as per the ongoing discussion, right?

Aside from the error on Dilfer's draft status (already pointed out and acknowledged) there is nothing to disagree with. These are facts, not opinions.

But I get what you are saying, and, if you prefer to discount those individuals because their teams "carried them" to Super Bowl victories, then you won't mind my eliminating guys like Terry Bradshaw and Bob Griese from the first round QBs who have won, right?

When we get right down to it, the truly successful Super Bowl winning QBs, who are not just along for the ride, tend to not be first round picks.

I take Brady, Montana, Staubach and Starr. What have you, from the first rounders?
    Last edited by chief31; 09-19-2011 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    I will sheath my sword and write with respect for a fellow Chiefs fan-though it is difficult. You Sir, completely missed(or ignored) the entire point of my post in your Cassel-hating diatribe. Never once did I say Cassel was as good as Marino. What I DID SAY is that even the best QB's cannot single-handedly win a game and make a team good. Cassel is a good QB and has proven it over and over. Funny how he and Bowe were leading the entire NFL last year, but he really sucks, isn't it? I really want to unload on you because of your dishonest response to my post and due to my frustration with the team, but I will quit now. Have a nice day.
    I should probably have previewed to take the edge off of my response. I am also frustrated and am in no mood to defend any of them at this point, I guess.

Having said that, I posted was far from a "Cassel hating diatribe", so i will call us even on the misrepresentation score. What I will admit to at this point, is that he is an average NFL QB. Most of the upper tier teams have/had better than that. Certainly calling him a bright spot on this team is a major stretch given his performance in two games.

I fully agree one player cannot do it alone. Having said that, my opinion of him has changed. I try to give all the players time (even Jackson I was giving the benefit of the doubt going into this year). I am going to call Cassel out for not doing his part to help lift the team up.

"There has been nothing to support about his performances this year. He is an average quarterback at best. If you put enough pieces around him he can manage a game. You know who else could manage games with enough pieces around them? Almost any quarterback drafted in the NFL. Some can even win a Superbowl (Dilfer and B. Johnson). To compare him to Marino is really silly."

Diatribe: 1. archaic: a prolonged discourse. 2: a bitter and abusive speech or piece of writing . 3: ironic or satirical criticism

That is a diatribe. What I wrote was a concise response. Far from a "diatribe". I agree to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Oh yeah? Well I peed on your front door while you slept lastnight.

Oh yeah well I left a nice stinky present on your front door.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!